Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports for Enterprise 4.2 connection to DB2 failed

asabry
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I created a connection to DB2 V11 in BOBJ server using IBM jdbc driver and i successfully published it, but when i try to use this connection in Crystal Reports Enterprise it fails and gives the following error:

There was a problem accessing the Relational Connection on SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform. Please check with your System Administrator that the connection is correctly configured. ' while trying to load from index 1 of an object array with length 1, loaded from local variable 'versionList'

i cant find any cause for this error,

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks

Ahmed

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

asabry
Explorer
0 Kudos

Finally i figured out the solution, it is all about versions of CR4E and BOBJ, versions should match.

after updating CR4E patch problem solved.

Thank you all

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Where exactly have you set the jdbc driver ?
Does this connection works in regular crystal reports or webi ?
Do you receive this error in CR4E client or in the CR4e report in bilaunchpad ?
Have you looked at the CR4E traces ?
You can enable traces using

https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/1598642

https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/1816033

asabry
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Denis for reply,

jdbc driver and connection set in BOBJ server and it is successfully connects the BOBJ server to DB2 V11

the problem with CR4E client

i enabled the CR4E traces and got the following:

while trying to load from index 1 of an object array with length 1, loaded from local variable 'versionList'
	at com.crystaldecisions.reports.queryengine.Connection.open(Connection.java:3455)
	at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.ConnectionAdapter.openConnectionRequest(ConnectionAdapter.java:732)
	at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.ConnectionAdapter.request(ConnectionAdapter.java:311)
	at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.ConnectionAgent.doCommand(ConnectionAgent.java:46)
	at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.ConnectionAgent.execute(ConnectionAgent.java:58)
	at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.application.ConnectionManager.send(ConnectionManager.java:165)
	at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.application.ConnectionExplorer.testConnectionUI(ConnectionExplorer.java:129)
	at com.businessobjects.crystalreports.designer.core.elements.data.property.ConnectionUIProxy.testConnectionUI(ConnectionUIProxy.java:203)
	at com.businessobjects.crystalreports.designer.core.elements.data.property.ConnectionUIPropertyHelper.pushUIToConnectionInfo(ConnectionUIPropertyHelper.java:99)
	at com.businessobjects.crystalreports.designer.core.elements.data.property.DatabaseConnectionExplorer.openConnection(DatabaseConnectionExplorer.java:339)
	at com.businessobjects.crystalreports.designer.core.elements.data.property.DatabaseConnectionExplorer$LogonAdapter.logon(DatabaseConnectionExplorer.java:399)
	at com.businessobjects.crystalreports.designer.data.dsl.actions.AbstractServerCustomLogonHandler$1.call(AbstractServerCustomLogonHandler.java:146)
	at com.businessobjects.crystalreports.designer.data.dsl.actions.AbstractServerCustomLogonHandler.doLogon(AbstractServerCustomLogonHandler.java:186)
	at com.businessobjects.crystalreports.designer.data.dsl.actions.AbstractServerCustomLogonHandler.silentLogon(AbstractServerCustomLogonHandler.java:120)
	at com.businessobjects.crystalreports.designer.data.dsl.actions.AbstractServerCustomLogonHandler.doCustomLogon(AbstractServerCustomLogonHandler.java:81)
denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try to setup connection on the client, see if that works