cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports 2008 - Repository objects are not updating

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day all,

I haven't had much luck with the new (to me) search features so I'm hopeful the community might have an answer!

We recently started utilizing the Crystal Server repository to save images and some custom functions. However I found that when I update the custom function, it doesn't automatically propagate to every report using it. I have to re-save the report with "Enable Repository Refresh" checked, or I have to go into CMC and use the refresh options to update it.

Surely there has to be a way to have changes in the repository get pushed to every report using it automatically? Maybe this something different than I thought but I was under the impression this was the intended functionality of the repository. Any advice is appreciated!

Crystal Reports Server 2008 v0

Crystal Reports 2008 12.3.0.601 (SP3).

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

The updated images/Custom functions are not automatically shown unless you set one of the following options in the Crystal Reports designer:

To ensure all reports that use Repository Objects (Images, SQL Commands, etc) contain the most recently updated object configure CR like this:

1) Go to File > Options > Reporting tab > check 'Update Connected Repository Objects on open'

If you wish to update just one report and not all, do this:

1) When you click on File > Open > Enterprise, there is a checkbox at the bottom of the dialog box that reads 'Update Repository Objects'. Check this option and the report will contain the updated image.

Hope this helps!

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abhilash,

Thank you for your reply!

I tested out the solution you proposed and it does work when I open the report in question, it refreshes to the latest repository objects.

The problem I am having is that when I update one repository object (say company logo, or a custom function) and save it to Crystal Server, I then thought all other reports on the server would be updated to use the new repository object. This is not the case however in my testing. If I had 500 reports and changed the company logo which appears on all reports, I would have to open/save or select and refresh each and every report.

Is there no way to simply have the reports always use the latest and greatest from the repository?

- Rick

Answers (0)