cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports 2008 Redistribution on 64 Bit Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a small application that uses Crystal Reports 2008 in not-integrated mode. Meaning that the .rpt files are seperate from the web application and the web application has to know the absolute path to the .rpt files before it can run them. My question is how do I deploy Crystal Reports 12 to a windows server 2003 x64 server? I have installed the redist.msi and the reports won't work I keep getting the following error:

Server Error in '/imacs' Application.

-

An error has occurred while attempting to load the Crystal Reports runtime. Either the Crystal Reports registry key permissions are insufficient, or the Crystal Reports runtime is not installed correctly. Please install the appropriate Crystal Reports redistributable (CRRedist*.msi) containing the correct version of the Crystal Reports runtime (x86, x64, or Itanium) required. Please go to http://www.businessobjects.com/support for more information.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.LoadSaveReportException: An error has occurred while attempting to load the Crystal Reports runtime. Either the Crystal Reports registry key permissions are insufficient, or the Crystal Reports runtime is not installed correctly. Please install the appropriate Crystal Reports redistributable (CRRedist*.msi) containing the correct version of the Crystal Reports runtime (x86, x64, or Itanium) required. Please go to http://www.businessobjects.com/support for more information.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[LoadSaveReportException: An error has occurred while attempting to load the Crystal Reports runtime. Either the Crystal Reports registry key permissions are insufficient, or the Crystal Reports runtime is not installed correctly. Please install the appropriate Crystal Reports redistributable (CRRedist*.msi) containing the correct version of the Crystal Reports runtime (x86, x64, or Itanium) required. Please go to http://www.businessobjects.com/support for more information.]

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.CheckForCrystalReportsRuntime() +411

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument..cctor() +220

[TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument' threw an exception.]

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument..ctor() +0

imacs.imacs.viewPrint.lnkView_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\imacs\imacs\viewPrint.aspx.vb:186

System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.OnClick(EventArgs e) +131

System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +140

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +39

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3215

-

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433

My only guess is that there is some configuration I am not doing on the server. Can someone help me?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So you think the answer is to be found in the links you provide?? I really want you to tell me exact how to get my web-app to run with Crystal Reports 2008 in a Windows 2003 x64 server - just by reading those pages. I just don´t think you can. I don´t think anyone of you at SAP can do that. All we, who asks, get is links, and more links and some info that you have to do this or that. But never any answers! I have looked for month. Today I have search for hours and I´m soon starting to cry...

Where is the problem? A few lines of code on your website that tell us excally what to do. Why not? Why not?

All I want is to run my web-app with Crystal Reports 2008 on a Windows 2003/2008 x64 server.

/Raymond

former_member184995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually Raymond the answers are in the links Ludek posted as others have asked the same question multiple times.

There are NO 64 bit runtimes for Crystal Reports 2008 just like with CR XI R2.

You have to run the application in 32bit only mode.

I answered this in the 3rd link that Ludek posted, but I will repost it again here for you.

[Note detailing running on a 64 bit server|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/oss_notes/sdn_oss_boj_erq/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/scn_bosap/notes.do]

Please search the forums prior to posting per the [Rules of Engagement|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/home/rulesofEngagement]

Jason

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is only a forum. As such, it is not an actual support avenue that would provide detailed and exact steps toward your issue resolution (though the links I provided are quite detailed).

With all due respect it may be best, if the links do not help, to obtain phone support. Phone support can be obtained via this link:

http://store.businessobjects.com/store/bobjamer/DisplayProductByTypePage&parentCategoryID=&categoryI...

Ludek

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ludek,

thanks for saving us the $$. I am curious though: why doesn't crystal release on both x86 and x64 at the same time? Your assemblies are .Net so what is it that prevents the dual release? Are there still 16-bit COM components or...?

Windows Server 2008 is the last server that MS is releasing on x86, so it's quite soon now that x86 will be a second-class platform. I may sound critical, but your product line is world-renown and to not support x64 is really a surprise for us.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

why doesn't crystal release on both x86 and x64 at the same time?

- At this time the product team has not decided to go in that direction

Your assemblies are .Net so what is it that prevents the dual release?

- don't know

Are there still 16-bit COM components or...?

- not sure

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think the frustration is coming more from the combination of lack of support for x64 (quite surprising for such an established product) combined with a site that's very difficult to navigate and use (the BusinessObjects site).

We ourselves have also just invested a great deal of time in building some Crystal Reports for a pilot system for a large US Insurance Company and cannot choose to avoid a 64-bit target server. We deploy at the end of next week and though we can compile deliberately for 32 bit as outlined in your post, this causes all sorts of other issues with other assemblies we are using that are not binary compiled for a specific platform and that we cannot ourselves recompile.

To be concise, your posted solution is not really a solution unless a number of other assumptions are true that we all know in practical terms to be unrealistic for anything but the simplest of apps.

For us, pulling Crystal at this point is embarassing for the customer (they specifically requested that we use it) and for Business Objects, and creates a deadline crunch in our project plan as we convert to Telerik or some other x64 solution.

We will certainly follow up with phone support to see if there are other choices (doubtful), but given that you offer a trial version of Crystal 2008 I think it's remiss that there are no clear guidelines in a publicly-reachable forum that discuss in detail how to deploy completely to x64 including ensuring that other related issues to using a 32-bit compilation on x64 are mentioned/covered. I certainly can see that even an advanced developer would continue to hold out hope that there is some configuration option combination that will work.

Finally, can you provide any guidance on when Crystal Reports will catch up to Windows 2000, 2003 and 2008 and provide a 64-bit runtime?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We will certainly follow up with phone support to see if there are other choices

- think I can save you the $$ for the phone support. All the information you need is in this thread. There is no 64 support for CR 2008, only for CR 10.2 and CR 10.5. Not sure what more there would be to discuss over the phone?

Finally, can you provide any guidance on when Crystal Reports will catch up to Windows 2000, 2003 and 2008 and provide a 64-bit runtime?

- If you are asking; when will a 64 bit version of stand-alone Crystal Reports, BOE or RAS come out? Then the answer is; unknown at this time

Ludek