cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports 10.5.3700.0 bug?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade from VS 2005 to VS 2008 and one of the things I had to do was to change reference for Crystal reports from version 10.2.3600.0 to 10.5.3700.0.

Apparantly I got that part to work as my application compiles now using the new references.

But when I went to test the crystal reports I noticed that the navigation buttons on top of my reports dont work properly.

For example, if I get a report of several pages, and I click on the NEXT PAGE button, it goes to the second page, but it doesnt change pages after that. ON the other hand, clicking on the LAST PAGE button takes me to it, but if I click the PREVIOUS PAGE button after that, it takes me all the way to the first page.

I must say that I have installed both dlls (CR v. 10.2.3600.0 and CR v.10.5.3700.0 on my testing system at work.

Does anyone have an idea of what could be going on here?

Edited by: agrSAP on Sep 9, 2010 6:03 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

It may be that something did not update correctly. Try doing a repair install of VS and then verify also that the CR Windows Form Viewer also has updated.

You may want to delete the viewer and drop it onto your form again before doing the repair install.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I tried dropping a new CR Viewer into my page already, but it didnu2019t work. I am pretty sure it is the most updated one because if I hover over the control in my toolbox, a message will pop up saying that this is Crystal Report Viewer version 10.5.3700.0 from Business Objects .net component.

I am considering your advice about running repair install of VS, but before I do that I would love you to take a look at this link I found where a solution was offered to the same problem.

http://forums.asp.net/t/1258507.aspx

I have been trying to implement what they are saying although I havenu2019t been successful yet. What still keeps me a little reluctant to accept their solution is that, well, first, it is not working for me, and second. It doesnu2019t make sense that an upgraded control wonu2019t work in the same or an even better way than the previous one.

But, again, I would really appreciate if you take a look at the link and let me know.

Al

Edited by: agrSAP on Sep 10, 2010 8:37 PM

0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

Thanks for the link. I just want to verify that we are in the same page before I install the sp1 you mentioned. I checked the version of VS2008 I have and it is:

Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Version 9.021022.8 RTM with Microsoft.Net Framework 3.5 SP1.

I just wanted to know if knowing this you still suggest to use the file crbasic2008sp1.exe as the fix to this problem.

Please, advice and thanks a lot for your answers.

Al

0 Kudos

The Sp is for CR not VS.

Here's the read for the CR patch:

https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100009351522008E/crbasic2008sp1_readme.pdf

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Don,

I am going to try that and I will let you know if it solve the problem. Thanks a million.

Al

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don, you are the best. It fixed the problem right away.

The only thing is that I had to overwrite the file I downloaded from the link you sent me with the same file that I got from another link I found on the web. The first one had some corrupt files or something.

Thanks a million,

Al

Answers (0)