cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Report XI - Printing to a non-default printer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have several crystal reports, i usually print by opening them in the crystal report designer-->refreshing then print.

this several days when i did this and print to a printer that is not the default printer of my PC, at the time of closing CR XI detects that i've modified the report and ask me to save.

is this how CR XI works? (attached is the popup screenshot)

Thanks and Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

Moved your post to the Report Design forum.

There can be a few triggers that can make that pop-up happen.

The report may have been designed in a different version of the Designer than you are using, refreshing enables the trigger or the database has changed. CR has the DB info in the RPT file, so when you verify the database that will "fix" the report.

I don't have CR XI R1 installed any more but I don't believe a printer change will trigger this, but it may.

It's just a message, nothing to be concerned about except if the DB info has changed, that should be Verified and then saved.

Don

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, I believe the printer change will trigger this - because Crystal stores the selected printer as part of the report definition, any changes will trigger a save request.  The other thing that might be causing this is if you have "Save data with report" turned on (it's on by default.)  Since you're refreshing the data, this option would also trigger a save request.

-Dell