cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Report Viewer Control error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please Help, I have a web application developed in .net 2005 which is using crystal reports developer product version 10.0.0.533.

This web application with crystal is working fine on my local machine with OS windows xp, but on the windows server 2003 the application web form is running into "couldnot load file or assembly 'CrystalDecision.VSDesigner, Version=10.0.0.3300' or one of its dependencies"

I have compared the assembly information of my local machine with that of the server and could not see the crystaldecision.vsdesigner version 10.0.0.3300 on the server 2003. I have uninstalled microsoft .net 2005 and crystal reports and installed crystal first and visual studio .net 2005 next and vice versa but still could not see that particular assembly available in the windows 2003 server.

Please suggest as what to do for the assembly to be available on the server so crystal report viewer control can be created with out error. Thanks for any help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sunitha,

Visual Studios 2005 ships with a bundled edition of Crystal Reports. This bundled edition is based on the v10 code stream, but it is not CR10. It's CR.NET for Visual Studios and it's v10.2. Crystal Reports 10.0 and the bundled CR.NET 10.2 for VS2005 are not interchangeable.

The stand alone version of Crystal Reports 10 is not expected to integrate correctly into VS2005. If you have CR10 Developer installed on your VS2005 machine you can force VS2005 to use the CR10.0 assemblies, but it is not supported.

You need to clean up your application so that it's referencing the 10.2 version assemblies and then deploy the 10.2 runtime files. You can visit the [Crystal Reports for Visual Studio .NET Runtime Distribution - Versions 9.1 to 12.0|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/bobj/crystalReportsruntimeforVisualStudio.NET] Wiki for a nice overview of the various versions of Crystal Reports, as well as a listing of the runtime files to match the version of Crystal Reports that is being used. For VS2005 and bundled CR.NET look at the "CR 10.2 (VS .NET 2005)" section of the Wiki.

Sincerely,

Dan Kelleher

Answers (0)