cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal report very slow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a big crystal report (640k) connecting lotus notes database.  It have been developed with Crystal report 11.5.12.183 and lotus notes 9.  Normally this report take 5-6 secondes to execute, but when I just add another database field on this report, the report take more than 3 minutes to execute.  Have you an idea why ?

I installed crystal report 2013 on my computer and it take always more than 3 minutes to execute.

Should I desinstalled the older version of crystal report to really test this report with the new version ?

Thank's

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is the new field from a table that was already in the report or is it from a new table that you added to the report?  Regardless of whether it's a new table or not, are you sure that the table is linked to others correctly?  Were any other fields from this table used on the report prior to making changes?  Did you make any changes to the selection filter?

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

The field is already in the table in this report.  This report is used in production and it is fully functionnal.  I just had an other field and at this moment the report become very slow.  I delete the field and the report take 3-5 seconds to execute.  It's very weird!

Many fields of this table are already used by this report.  selection filter aren't been modify.

Thank's for your help!

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

On the Database menu, is "Select Distinct Records" turned on?  If it is and the field you added can have multiple values within whatever you're grouping on, then Crystal could be pulling much more data after you add the field than before.

I might be able to tell you more about what's going on if you'll do the following:

1.  Without the added field, go to the Database menu and select "Show SQL Query".  Copy the results and paste them here.

2.  With the added field, do the same thing.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

On the Database menu, "Select Distinct Records" is off.  If I turned on I have this error message :

I think this is a odbc bug and this report reached the columns number limitation.  I have a report section that we don't want anymore  and after delete this section, the field can be add and report print in 5-6 seconds like before!  Thank's a lot to give me this information and permit me to solve this issue.  Have a good day!!