cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Report that shows the number in each category.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need a report showing the following logic.

Customers evaluated     149                         of the 149

Potential repeat cust.    89                           of the 89

Agreed to Email            49                           of the 49

Applied for Credit          37                           of the 37

Approved for Credit       35          

When I use the Select expert, It will give me the final results but I want to see each

Of the numbers above. The number of customers in each category needs to be

displayed on the report.  Can anyone help me with this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ido_millet
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

An alternative the the Grouping option is to Insert, CrossTab...
where rows are Category and the data shown is the count.

Use Group Sort Expert to sort the rows by the count.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ido,

Can you elaborate on your solution now that I have posted more information?

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Michael,

there's not that much to go on in what you've given us to tell the truth. is that one single field that has those categories or are they all separate fields? how does one know if the customer is a potential repeat customer? is the customers evaluated just a count of all of the customers?

a) if those categories are in one field, then click on that category field, go to the Insert menu > choose Group and then the category field will be the default field for the group. then right click on the customer field and choose Insert > Summary and change the type to Distinct Count and the Summary Location to be on that new group.

b) if those are all different fields then you need to create a new formula for each summary you need. e.g. create a new formula named potentialrepeatcust with syntax like

if {your potential repeat customer field} > '' then 1

//assumes your potential repeat field is a text field

place your formula on the details section and then right click on it and choose Insert Summary keeping the defaults. then you'll need to create a formula for each of the other categories.

-jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jamie,

These are separate fields.  The potential repeat customer is determined by a sales person checking a y/n box.   The customers evaluated is the total in that field.  Some of the fields just have a date entered and that is what determines whether or not they are counted.  With this updated information can you give me more examples of the formulas?

There are 3 different field entry's. 1.  if there is a date in the field  2.  If there is a y/n in the field,  3.  If there is an entry that has Potential customer from a pull down that also has Not a potential customer.

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks Michael. can you please post a reply with a sample / several lines of data so that we can see the exact format of each field.

potential customer could be just the sum of the field where the check is 1 or 0...i.e. Sum( {customerpotential} )

other ones are

if {field} = 'y' then 1

then do a sum on that formula.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jamie,

I hope this is what you wanted.  The first column has three possible selections.  Column 2 is y or n the other three are just date/time and if there is an entry at all it is counted.

In your formulas you can refer to them as field 1, field 2 .. field 5.  I appreciate your patience with me. 

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks for the info.

1) for the Y or N values create a new formula like this

if {yes or no field} = 'Y' then 1

and then put this field on your report Details section and then right click and choose to Insert Summary > type = Sum.

2) for the date fields create a new formula like this

if not isnull({date field}) then 1

and then put this field on your report and then right click and choose to Insert Summary > type = Sum.

3) you can then delete those new formulas from your report Details section if you don't want to see them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jamie,

It looks like you did it.  The report is showing the totals of each field.  Thanks.

Jamie is have a second requirement of this report that I have not mentioned yet because it would have confused me not you.  I would like to be able to drill down into the data under these totals.  There is a common link to all these fields.  It is the customer account number.  I would like to be able to drill down into each of these totals and see listing of the account number for each field.  I hope I am explaining this correctly.  Should I close this ticket out with a

"Solved" status and create a new one?

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

glad it worked. you can complete the requirement by going to the Insert menu > Group and choose Customer ID as your group field.

then copy and paste your Summary fields to the group header. then right click on your Details section and choose Hide.

you can then Suppress your Group Footer.

also go to the File menu > Report Options and check on Show All Headers on Drill Down.

if you've got further questions on drill down please do post a new discussion.

-jamie