cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Report Server XI R2 Auditing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all experts,

Our environment is running Report Server XI R2. We have a requirement to understand the report usage, access statistic etc.

1. How can i achieve to get the report usage statistic ?

2. Is it require auditing function enable ? How to do that ?

3. I checked on my server licenses but it said my "license does not allow auditing"

4. I found there are some sample auditing reports for Crystal Report Server 2008, does any similar sample reports for Report Server XI R2 ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member59613
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Auditing is the only easy way to get these types of metrics out of CRS. You could create your own GUI that included some sort of auditing of your own (logging events to a database of some sort) but that's a lot of work to do. BusinessObjects does not support modifying InfoView so you would have to recreate your own portal to incorporate such events.

Thanks

Jonathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply but how should i enable this feature ?

I check from my CR server but there is a message said that "Your license is not alllow auditing feature".

Does that mean i have no way to enable it ? Once i enable, i know that the CR server will create an auditing database to log those activity hence we need to write our own report to get the CR server usage statistic isn't it ? I want to confirm my understand and approach first before we go ahead to do anything.

Thanks.

former_member59613
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Auditing is an option that is enabled via your license key. If you didn't purchase auditing capabilities then you will not be able to enable them in the system. You will need to contact your account manager at SAP to see about getting this. You may be able to request an evaluation key to ensure that auditing will suit your needs.

Thanks

Jonathan