cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crystal report preview window freezes if I push any key on the keyboard

zheng_li
Discoverer
0 Kudos

our system is a pretty old one, and we are still using crystal report 7 and vc6(mfc6).

It is a simple dialog based application with a button and a flex grid7.1 component on it.

when the button is clicked, a crystal report preview window will be opened and become the active window.

the problem is that, when i pushed a key on the keyboard ('a' for example) the whole application will freeze, and CPU Occupancy Rate is 100%.

but if I switch the dialog to be current active window after a preview window opened, keyboard input won't make the application freeze.

It seems that crystal report preview window don't know how to deal with the keyboard input.

BTW:

I use the methods below to open a preview window.

PEOpenEngine

PEOpenPrintJob

PEPrintReport

have anyone here met any similiar problems before?

I really need your help.

thanks in advance.

Edited by: zhengli on May 26, 2010 4:36 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moved to Legacy Application Development SDKs forum.

I have nothing for you, other than; consider upgrading - after all CR 7 shipped in 1998(!). I don't know what OS you are on, but I suspect what ever OS it is, it was not even in a concept stage of thought when CR 7 shipped. E.g.; this may be an OS issue more than anything else.

BTW., print engine APIs were retired in version 9 of Crystal Reports. At this time, your best option is to upgrade to CR 2008 (12.0)and use .NET or Java. If you are using VB 6 or equivalent, you could still upgrade to CR XI r2 (11.5) and use the Report Designer Component (RDC). However, note that CR XI r2 will be out of support in June of this year. And CR XI R2 is the last version of CR to include the RDC.

Ludek

Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/SAPCRNetSup

Edited by: Ludek Uher on May 26, 2010 8:28 AM

zheng_li
Discoverer
0 Kudos

thank you for your reply.

one more question.

was cr7 out of support long time ago?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yah, 31-Aug-03. You can get the details [here|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/boc/product-lifecycles?rid=/webcontent/uuid/c018fb0e-8724-2b10-c489-9b8333e5e0f9] [original link is broken];

Ludek

Edited by: Ludek Uher on May 27, 2010 7:07 AM

Answers (0)