cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Report in BI Launchpad and its Search field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello People,

I have created a report with "Crystal Reports for Enterprise" based on a BW query via the BICS interface. I have two variables in the query.

These are working well in my report. When I start the report with Crystal Reports then I have a search field in the parameter window. But when I open the report in BI Launchpad, this Search field is not shown.

Have you guys any clue why this is different and how I can activate the search field in the variable window in BI Launchpad?

Thank you for any contribution.

Greets Seyhan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Seyhan,

What is the version of BI 4.0 you're using?

This was a limitation (by-design) on SP02 and pre-SP02.

If you're on one of the above builds, then you may vote for the already posted Enhancement Request here:

https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/ideas/9781

If you're on FP03 or higher, then the workaround is to use the Web Java Viewer. In BI LaunchPad, go to the Preferences option > Select Crystal Reports > and choose the default view format as "Web Java".

Let me know how this goes!

- Abhilash

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Share Your Knowledge in SCN Topic Spaces

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abilash,

thank you for your reply. The version ist BI 4.0 , FP3  and SP14.

I also have IE 7 on Windows XP.  I tried your suggestions and activated "Web Java".

But it doesnt work. When I create a parameter in CR then the search field is shown for this parameter in BI Launchpad. The problem are the BW variables.

Is there any other workaround.

Thanks

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Seyhan,

According to SAP Note# 1700661, the only workaround on the FP03 codeline is to use the "Web Java" viewer.

There aren't any other workarounds. I guess you have to live with the fact that this is "by-design" for now. Please do vote for the idea at the Ideas Place, hopefully the Product Group will include the feature in a future release.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abilash,

thank you for the answer. I followed your instructions and yes it works, but only when I have a variable with single value choose option. In this case the "Find" option is activated. But I need to have a variable where I can choose multiple values. In this case, there appears no "Find" option.

Is this a restriction and can I somehow bypass this?

Thanks in advance.

Answers (0)