cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal report has a parameter which is a Business View LOV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My Crystal report has a dynamic drop list parameter which is a Business View LOV, in my production enviroment i can't link to this Business View LOV, is there a way to create this dynamic drop down list parameter from a source other than Business View?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well, the only other source where the list of values can be created is the Crystal Reports designer.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can create dynamic LOV in Crystal Designer without using other tools? which version of Crystal? and How?

I don't think it's doable.

thanks

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Dynamic LOVs can be created using CR XI R2, CR 2008 and CR 2011!

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

How?

Thanks

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here's how you can do it:

Open Field Explorer. Right click Parameter fields > New > Select Dynamic in the 'List of Values:" dropdown.

Check the 'New' radio button in the 'Choose a Data Source:" and select a database field that you want the LOV to be based off in the Value area.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I guess i didn't make this clear, my LOV is not a simple database field, it's coming from a SQL statement, like "Select A from table 1 join table 2 on ..", no way for you to put this select statement in Designer when building this parameter, right?

And the DBA refused to create too many views in the database.

What can i do except using Business View?

Thanks

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well the LOV will always be based on a single field, I mean it will always refer to a 'field' from the table in the query.

So, you can add the SQL query as a command object in Crystal Report and create the dynamic LOV using the steps in provided in my previous post.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do i have to join this Command object with other tables in the report?

This may effect the result, and also joining command with tables will be very bad for performance, i don't think it's a good way to go.

Thanks

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, I thought you said the report 'only' has a command object and no tables. I n ay case, you should be able to create a dynamic list of value based on one of the fields in the command or the table.

-Abhilash