cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Report Hangs on print

happypagan
Discoverer
0 Kudos

When I choose file/print or file/page setup my report hangs for an extended period of time, sometimes 30 minutes or more. How can I resolve this?

Crystal 2020 14.3.2.4073

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is a new patch available for this version of Crystal that you might want to try - it came out on 7/14.

1. Go to https://origin.softwaredownloads.sap.com/public/site/index.html.

2. Set the following options and click on "Go".

3. Download "SAP Crystal Reports 2020 SP02 Patch 500 - ONE". Because this is a "ONE" installer, in addition to patch 500, it will install all of the previous patches (and SP2 itself) if you haven't already.

-Dell

happypagan
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thank you. I tried that but it did not resolve the issue.

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What version of Windows are you running on?

-Dell

happypagan
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Windows 11 Pro 64 bit.

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to make sure that you have the printer you want to print to set up in the Devices and Printers app and that you have a "real" printer set as the default instead of . With pre-Windows 10 versions of Windows, you didn't have to do this. You also need to ensure that you have the latest version of the printer driver installed as part of this set up. Crystal is very dependent on the default printer driver for determining how to render a report, so if it can't find one or it's set to something like the Microsoft XPS Document Writer, which is not actually a printer, there can be issues. You might also run into issues with the Page Setup screen if there are many printers configured for the computer because it loads information about all available printers that have been defined for the computer.

-Dell

happypagan
Discoverer

Removing all the printers and leaving only what was absolutely necessary worked! Thank you!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

And if you are using OLE Images check this KBA:

Platform support: Win 11 21H2 - Check KBA 3204578 for a Windows 11 specific OLE image issue and workaround.

Don

ido_millet
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Don, can you provide the text of that KBA here.
That link is blocked for mere mortals.