cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Report Causes Application Pool Hang

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a .Net application deployed to a webserver. The application runs on a dedicated application pool. Crystal Reports XI Release 2 is used to show reports. On a daily basis the application pool becomes hung and needs to be recycled. Upon doing a dump of the hung proccess and analisys of the dump file the following suggestion was shown by the diagnostic tool.

The following threads in w3wp.exe__AppPool #1__PID__28356__Date__05_18_2009__Time_08_42_55AM__711__Manual Dump.dmp are loading C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 11.5\win32_x86\secSSO.dll using the API LoadLibrary. The call to LoadLibrary originated originated from cxlibw_3_1!CXLib301::CSharedLibrary::LoadLibraryHelper+2c

( 11 )

1.01% of threads blocked

Constant calls to LoadLibrary and FreeLibrary can have a serious impact on application performance since the Windows NT Loader takes a global lock while performing this operation causing serialization.

Please follow up with vendor Business Objects for problem resolution concerning the following file: C:\WINDOWS\system32\cxlibw-3-1.dll.

Please advise.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cxlibw-3-1.dll.

renaming this dll caused crystal reports to no longer work.

it gave this error:

Event code: 3005

Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred.

Event time: 6/4/2009 3:54:07 PM

Event time (UTC): 6/4/2009 7:54:07 PM

Event ID: 6d844a67745642d295a09ad0d69b8976

Event sequence: 897

Event occurrence: 11

Event detail code: 0

Application information:

Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/1/Root/ICE-8-128886022277968070

Trust level: Full

Application Virtual Path: /ICE

Application Path: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ICE\

Machine name: FOXMETA1

Process information:

Process ID: 13944

Process name: w3wp.exe

Account name: FROF\foxservice

Exception information:

Exception type: COMException

Exception message: Creating an instance of the COM component with CLSID {7487987A-DED9-4D16-A5C0-EB6AB3653411} from the IClassFactory failed due to the following error: 80040154.

Request information:

Request URL: http://foxmeta1/ICE/ReportViewer.aspx?ReportName=Request&RequestID=129262

Request path: /ICE/ReportViewer.aspx

User host address: 10.11.3.88

User: FROF\smoldovanskiy

Is authenticated: True

Authentication Type: NTLM

Thread account name: FROF\foxservice

Thread information:

Thread ID: 1

Thread account name: FROF\foxservice

Is impersonating: True

Stack trace: at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.CreateRptDoc()

at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper..ctor()

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Initialize()

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument..ctor()

at ICEWebSite.ReportViewer..ctor() in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ICE_VSS\FoxRothschild.ICE\ICEWebSite\ReportViewer.aspx.vb:line 18

at ASP.reportviewer_aspx..ctor()

at __ASP.FastObjectFactory_app_web_bitpmvry.Create_ASP_reportviewer_aspx()

at System.Web.Compilation.BuildResultCompiledType.CreateInstance()

at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CreateInstanceFromVirtualPath(VirtualPath virtualPath, Type requiredBaseType, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean noAssert)

at System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandlerHelper(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath virtualPath, String physicalPath)

at System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.System.Web.IHttpHandlerFactory2.GetHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath virtualPath, String physicalPath)

at System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath path, String pathTranslated, Boolean useAppConfig)

at System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()

at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

It definetly seems that you need that dll to show the report.

There was another dll there called C:\WINDOWS\system32\cxlib-3-1.dll renaming that one seems to not do anything.

daniel_paulsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

CXLIBW-3-1.dll is required, but secSSO.dll is not if you are not connecting to Enterprise.

Rename the secSSO.dll (found in C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 11.5\win32_x86\) mentioned in the original stack dump you provided.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry i misunderstood, you are talkingabout the sso dll. I renamed it. So far so good no errors. We will see if the application pool will not hang.

Former Member
0 Kudos

which dll, the two you mentioned previously are not on my web server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The reports are made in 11.5.10.1263, the server only has Merge Modules installed on it, speciffically CrystalReports11_5_NET_2005.msm, Could you tell me what exactly needs to be on the webserver for this all to work properly

daniel_paulsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since you're using the SP4 runtime and have deployed using the merge modules, all of the runtime should be there.

Additionally, since you are not using BusinessObjects Enterprise in any way on this server, you should not need the SSO dll. If you rename the dll to prevent it from loading, this could resolve the issue with the hanging application pool. It has worked in other cases.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are not running a bussiness object enterprise server. Where would i find those files and what is the proper location for them to go?

daniel_paulsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

both files would go in c:windowsSystem32

are you running SP3 runtime? Do you have a Development machine that you could copy from?

I believe these files were added back in in Fixpack 3.3 so [any runtime later than that |https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/12986] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];should be OK.

daniel_paulsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If memory serves me correctly, there were dlls was missing from one of the Service Packs (SP3?). Try copying the following dlls over from your BOE server into the correct location.

smcommonutil.dll

smerrlog.dll

Dan