cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Publications

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I create publications and add the reports if I make changes to the reports after added them to the publication the report does not update with the changes.  In the source document I have Refresh at runtime checked but the old parameters will appear unless I removed the report save and add the report again.  Any ideas why?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From the sounds of your question, you're changing the parameters available in the report when you update it.  Is that correct?

I suspect if you don't change the parameters, the publication will run the new version of the report with no issues.  However, the parameter information for the publication is stored in the CMS database, it's not read from the report every time the report is run.  So, when you update a report, BO doesn't go through and find all of the schedules and publications the report is associated with and update the CMS database with the new parameter information.  Instead, you have to follow the process you're using to delete and re-add the report in order to get the updated parameters.

-Dell