cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal parameters Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

This is our BOBJ Environment: BO XI 3.1 SP3 and Crystal reports 2008.

I have created a crystal report and it has static parameters, the issue is the parameters are not showing all the list of values, looks like they are ending with letter S or may be less than 100 list of values and im getting this error :

Error in File UNKNOWN.RPT:

Failed to logon to the Crystal Report Object Repository. (datadefmodel.dll)

A ) I followed from he forums and tried to do registry level settings on my local pc where the BOBJ client tools Crystal reports are installed: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 11.5\Crystal Reports\DatabaseOptions\LOV

Add a string value set to 50000: MaxRowsetRecords.

But still im getting this error:

Error in File UNKNOWN.RPT:

Failed to logon to the Crystal Report Object Repository. (datadefmodel.dll)

Just wondering we need to do the above " A " settings on the BOBJ server.

please advise.

Thanks,

Krish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Crystal Reports Designer the list of values is limited and you can set the limit using a registry values.

Look in the area of :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SAP BusinessObjects\....\SAP\BWQueryReportWrapper

Where I entered "..." that is where you see a version number.

When you publish / save the report to the server the list of values will be retrieved live.

regards

Ingo Hilgefort

former_member230846
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kris,

I believe what you're seeing in Crystal Reports is the default behavior with BW parameters in Crystal Reports,  and an enhancement request (ADAPT01412334) has been created for this.

It is documented in the below SAP Note:

https://bosap-support.wdf.sap.corp/sap/support/notes/1465649

Regards,

Wallie

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Do they work in your Client before making that registry change?

2. Do they work in your Client after making that registry change?

3. When do you get that error, what's your workflow?

4. I get the impression this is like 2 issues, but you make them sound like one . Are they dependant , and do both issues affect the same file?

I've searched the knowledge base www.service.sap.com/notes for keword datadefmodel.dll and there are lots of suggestions. The error - seems to be .net specific, and caused by an instability in the RAS server.

Regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Henry,

1. Do they work in your Client before making that registry change?

2. Do they work in your Client after making that registry change?

Answer: No, they are not working in my client befor or after the changes.

3. When do you get that error, what's your workflow? After creating a static paramter and when i try to chose list of values from edit parameter, im facing this issue.looks like it is working if the list of values are less say some 80.

thanks for the reply.

-krish

0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

This really isn't a Report Designer database issue so I moved your post to the BOE Admin Forum.

I assume this works in CR Designer so it's likely a BOE issue, possible a different DB Driver problem. Make sure the DB client you are using on the Work station where the report was designer is the same one as on the BOE Server.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

Thanks for reply,i am getting this issue in Crystal designer only,when i edit my parameter and click for list of values, then i am seeing this error and once i click on OK, then i can see list of values but less in number compare to the values sitting in the DB for that field.

Thanks,

Krish

0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

OK I moved your post to the Report Design Forum.

Sounds to me like there is a problem in the database.

Try creating a new report off the same field you use for the LOV and see what happens. Could be a null value possibly or corrupt data.

What DB are you using and how are you connecting?

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

I am using SAP BW query, looks like i have the same issue with other fields also whose LOV 's are greater than 115 values,but if any field whose LOV's are less than say 100 values, its not running this error.

I tried to increase values in the registry and set MaxRowsetRecords to 5000 in Hey_local_machine -software-Business Objects-suite 12.0-crystal reports-databaseoptions-LOV(need to create this)-Maxrowsetrecords-5000 and also

Hey_local_machine -software-Business Objects-suite 12.0-SAP-BWQueryreportwrapper-maxpicklistsize-5000

Still I am facing the same issue.

Thanks,

Krish

0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

Would have been handy to know you were using a BW to start with.

I moved your post to the SAP Integration Kit forum. It could be something with the Transports of a limitation when connecting to BW.

Thanks

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I tried to create dymanic parameters in Crystal reports 2008 off of SAP BW query,still the list of values are limiting to 110 only,looks like its not displying more than that.

Please suggest any option and settings to display all the list of values for the field.

Thanks,

Krish

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I deleted your cross-post in the other forum.

I hope you understand.

Regards,

H