cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal 2008 Excel Export

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are testing Crystal 2008 with the Excel Export Compatibility patch installed. When I run a report out of Crystal 2008 and use the legacy excel export options the excel output looks perfect. When I publish the report out to BOE InfoView I save the Excel export options set to legacy.

When I try to schedule the report in InfoView and set the format to excel (data only) it fails with an error message "Object failed to run due to an unresponsive Job Server child process". Now, I notice it only fails on reports with sub-reports. Also, it will run successful in Crystal format which then I can export to Excel successfully. So the only problem is when scheduling the report in Excel (data only). Any ideas out there?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

That Patch is for CR only, is not supported in BOE. Time to update your reports to use the new format.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You say that you've installed the Export Compatibility Patch for Crystal. Is there something similar for your BOE system and have you installed it? If not, then it is using the export .dll files that have not been patched and that is what is causing your problems.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

The patch was installed on the BOE as well. As I mentioned it only fails on reports with sub-reports in them, reports with no sub-reports will run successfully. The reports with sub-reports will run successfully in all other formats execpt when using Excel (data only) saved with legacy settings.

The export patch works out of Crystal 2008 and out of the BOE if first ran in Crystal format then exported to Excel (data only). But it will fail if scheduled in BOE straight to Excel (data only).

Former Member
0 Kudos

You'll probably have to open a support case on this - it sounds like there possibly something not quite right with the BOE version of the patch.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for not posting sooner, I've been out since 08/27 celebrating the birth of my daughter.

In my company the BOE admin is separate from the Crystal developers which I am a part of. Our admin did contact SAP but according to him SAP said to re-write the reports to not use sub-reports. Not an answer I approved of so I took to the forums here.

I may post a different question to first find others who are using the Excel Export patch with BOE 3.1 and ask if they can run a simple test against their system. This will tell me if our BOE 3.1 and Excel patch was installed correctly.