cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRVS2010 Beta - Visual Studio 2010 and CR 2011 conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

I recently installed the beta for CR2011 on my work laptop running VS 2010 Ultimate on XP SP3. The installation was successful. I opened a VS 2005/CR XI project and ran the conversion. Now, it asks to convert the solution to CR 2011 each time I open the same project. In additon, Visual Studio shuts down every time I open an existing report.

Any suggestions? I have already tried uninstalling/reinstalling CR 2011 beta. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

CR 2011 Beta? I'm not aware of that being out there. Where did you download this from?

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I downloaded the app from this site: http://www.businessobjects.com/jump/xi/crvs2010/default.asp. I apologize for using the wrong reference. When the Project Conversion message appears, it refers to Crystal Reports 2011.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Strange. I just did a conversion using Beta 2 of an old project and did not get any indication that it was being converted to CR 2011. There was one mention of a version during the conversion and it was to CRVS2010.

I also checked with the Program Management team and they tell me that this issue was reported in Beta 1 and should not exist in Beta 2.

Have you ever had Beta 1?

What is the version of the crpe32.dll on your computer?

Can you post a screen shot of the conversion screen where it reports that a conversion to CR2011 is occurring?

In and of it's self, the version number is not that important, but perhaps knowing what's behind it will give us a clue to a solution to the actual issue...

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

The project conversion message states: "We have detected that your solution was created using an older or unknown version of Crystal Reports. You can convert it to Crystal Reports 2011. If you choose not to convert, some design-time features may not work properly." I have a screen shot, but was unable to add it to this post.

I neverat least not knowinglyhad Beta 1. Last week was the first time I downloaded CR for VS2010, and my impression was that I was downloading Beta 2.

I have three different versions of crpe32.dll on my computer: 10.2.0.1222, 11.5.10.1298, and 14.0.0.88.

Thanks for your assistance.

Donna

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the sticky posts at the top of this forum:

Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010 Beta 2 and Runtimes Now Available

Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010 Beta - read before posting

there is a small note requesting that no other version of CR be installed on the computer that will have CRVS2010 Beta on it. The current install of CRVS2010 is relatively simple and does not check for other versions and thus is not side by side compatible. I suspect this is your issue. My recommendation is to use a clean computer with the Beta build.

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for all of your efforts.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Stand by for a bit. I did ask the Program Management guys to comment on the error anyhow. As far as I am concerned, it should never, ever come up - not unless we're trying to confuse everyone. Including us...

But trying a clean computer, if at all possible, will be the way to go.

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I uninstalled all instances of Crystal Reports including CRVS2010. After restarting my computer, I reinstalled CRVS2010. VS2010 is still shutting down when I try to open a Crystal Report. Any suggestions?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Would you be able to share one of your reports with me (saved data)?

Are you using it as a strongly typed report or are you loading it from path?

Can you create a new report and use it (just as a test).

What version of CR were these reports created in?

Apologies If I asked one or more of the above already...

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same problem as the one above.

I have Crystal report for Visual studio 2008 installed and I am trying to move my solution from Visual studio 2008 to Visual studio 2010. Each time I open converted solution I see a window with the following message:

We have detected that your solution was created using an older or unknown version of Crystal reports. You can convert it to Crystal reports 2011. If you choose not to convert some design-time features may not work properly.

I select an option to convert the solution, but after saving everything and re opening the solution the window appears again.

I've uninstalled Crystal reports for VS 2008, but nothing has changed - I still see the window each time I open the solution. Can I do anything about that? Maybe there is a workaround like a manual change in some files?

Thanks for the help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem. Here is the message I get whenever I open a project:

[screen capture|http://flic.kr/p/8F2SHv]

Former Member
0 Kudos

i also having the same issue and still unsolve...can someone help me?

Thanks.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure there is no other version of CR on the machine.

If you ever had another version of CR, remove any CR or BO folders that may be left over after the uninstall (other than CRVS 2010).

Remove any CR or BO registry entries (other than CRVS 2010).

Alternatively, use a clean computer as requested in the stickies re CRVS2010 at the top of this forum...

Ludek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

That didn't work for me.

What did work was removal of commented out references to previous version of crystal reports DLL in config files as such:

<assemblies>

<!--

<add assembly="CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine, Version=9.1.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304"/><add assembly="CrystalDecisions.ReportSource, Version=9.1.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304"/><add assembly="CrystalDecisions.Shared, Version=9.1.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304"/><add assembly="CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=9.1.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304"/>

-->

</assemblies>

changed to:

<assemblies>

</assemblies>

Sounds like a conversion bug to me...

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yeah, could be. Probably similar to what's documented for CR 10.5 and 10.2. (KBs 1544693

1544532).

- Ludek