cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crvs2010 beta - parameter panel - new feature

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I read the list of new features for crvs2010. One of the new features listed in the message is the Parameter Panel. The runtime engine supports a parameter panel on the left-hand side. You can optionally place parameters on the panel.

I did not see the feature in the beta that I have installed. Is it in the beta yet, or is there really something wrong with my installation?

I would greatly appreciate it if someone would let me know if they have this feature?

Thank you

Tracy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member208657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The parameter panel shows up when previewing a Crystal Report in the winform or webform viewer control. Have a look at the screenshot attached for it's location.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I take it then that unlike in the full version of CR2008, where this feature works in the design preview window, that in CRVS2010 that is not the case and that the parameter panel works everyplace else, except the design preview window.

Let me know if that is what you are saying.

Thank you

Tracy

former_member208657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I see what you are referring to now. The preview report feature inside the Visual Studio 2010 IDE doesn't appear to be updated. The viewer there is actually an older technology that hasn't been updated with all the new features. Use it to validate the report design, but test thoroughly with the .NET winform and web form viewers instead.

I'll ask the program managers if the ActiveX viewer (Preview Report) will be updated to support the parameter panel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Exactly David,

I am using the preview report viewer. I am not currently using winform or a web viewer for testing purposes.

If it helps, all of my questions/issues are based on the preview report viewer.

I wonder why the preview report viewer hasn't been updated.

I hope that there is another beta release before the software goes live.

Thank you

former_member208657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The ActiveX viewer we use to preview the report inside Visual Studio hasn't been updated because it is an older technology we don't use much anymore. It isn't the main viewer we use for previewing reports in .NET Windows and web apps. It is only there to validate your report design and data.

As I mentioned before, I'll check with the program managers to see if there are any plans to update the ActiveX viewer to support the paramater panel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Thank you for forwarding this to the project managers. I'm hoping that this makes the next beta, because I don't think that I will have the time to go through all of the information that you sent me in a previous thread for another viewer.

Tracy

former_member208657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, I forgot to update this thread when I received more information. At this time there are no plans to update the ActiveX viewer (preview) to support the new parameter panel in the Visual Studio IDE. The viewers your user would see - the .NET Winform viewer and web form viewer both support the new parameter panel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No problem David.

I know that you have a lot on your plate and I have been known to be a handful, as they say.

I can understand not updating the vs viewer, when there are other, more up to date options available. For the most post Visual Studio and Crystal are for what us old timers would have called "hard core" programmers, not end users. Today, though, that is changing, more end-users are sometimes very involved in creating what they need.

When I can catch my breath, I am going to search for a beginners tutorial that covers setting up the .net winform viewer.

As usual, thank you for all of your help. I really appreciate it.

Answers (0)