cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRVS2010 Beta - Missing on Prequisite checking

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

i already have installed micsrosoft visual studio 2010 on my computer(vista), but when i try to install CRVS2010 it said : please install microsoft visual studio 2010 before installing this product.

anyone know how to fix this?

thanks

Edited by: dimaz arno on Jun 9, 2010 4:54 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

Typically this is a permission issue. Try running the VS 2010 repair installer by right clicking on the setup.exe and selecting Run As Administrator.

I'll check with the install team to see what our installer is specifically looking for.

Thank you

Don

0 Kudos

It may be that some dependency for VS 2010 is still beta also or your version of VS 2010 is also the beta beta build.

Or possibly the framework is a beta version.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Im having the same problem. I am running as administrator however, and I am not using VS2010 beta.

0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Run the installer using the command line, search MS's web site on how to enable MSIExec install logging. I've shut all my images down now for the weekend but there may be installs already. Have a look through them and see what exactly it's failing on.

Also, there is a dependency checker when installing, what does it indicate failed?

Thank you

Don

0 Kudos

Also note that the installer will on install on an English OS. Could be the problem...

Thank you

Don

Answers (0)