cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRVS2010 beta - chart "diamond" marker option not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you select this option on the Chart Expert, diamonds do not appear on the report. Squares appear instead. It seems like the diamond option is pointing to the square option. This is also a problem in the full version of crystal reports 2008, the last time that I used it.

Thank you

Tracy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Tracy,

This is by design. To be able to change the points create a new report in CR Designer, NOTE: this feature is NOT available in the CR for VS basic versions.

Create a new report in CR Designer 2008 and insert a Line chart with data markers and a field for each and then preview. Right click on the Chart and select Format Chart, don't select the Chart Expert. Now when you change the data point type you'll see it does change as selected.

In all versions of CR for .NET the Format Chart is not an option and is by design because it is using the ActiveX viewer in the .NET IDE.

It all has to do with the various viewers not supporting the basic point settings. No way to render the point type.

This is how it all works/limitations so no escalation path.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

I understand what you are saying, but it doesn't explain why the marker shape drop-down list on the options tab on the chart expert has an option for diamond (as well as rectangle, cricle, etc) and when you select them, they do not change the marker.

It sounds like you are saying that the marker option on the chart expert is not suppose to work. I was already aware of the fact that the marker could be changed with on the other dialog box.

I guess what I don't understand is why the marker option is on the chart expert at all, if it can't be used to change the marker type. Does this make sense?

Thank you

Tracy

0 Kudos

Hi Tracy,

The reason is the charting dll is provide to us by a third party company. The first dialog is the original and in the early days ( CR 7 ) the only option to make changes to charts. For legacy purposes it is still there. The new option dialogs have enhanced features and takes precedence over the old options.

I'll add it as a bug but I doubt it'll get fixed.

Thanks again

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi don,

i understand what you are saying. thank you for adding it to the bug list. i appreciate it. tracy

Answers (0)