cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross Tab with Calculated Member Fails in BO Enterprise

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a report (Crystal Reports 2008) that I created using a cross tab, with a calculated member field. This report runs fine on my desktop, but fails when published to Crystal Enterprise (Server 2008).

When scheduled, the instance history states Crystal Reports: Print Engine Error

When I remove the calculated member from the cross tab, it runs fine.

Has anyone come across this and if so, how did you resolve it? I believe this is a brand new feature in Crystal Reports 2008 - is it not supposed within Enterprise?

Thank you for your assistance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Root Cause: I had built my report in Crystal Reports 2008 on the latest Service Pack/Fix Packs (which addressed the issue of calculated member). My Crystal Reports SERVER 2008 was on a lower version.

I opened a message with SAP support and they were unable to tell me how to apply service packs to my Server. They then pretty much abandoned my question, so below is what I came up with on my own to fix the issue.

There are no specific service packs/ hot fixes for Crystal Reports SERVER 2008, so I had to:

1) install Crystal Reports V0 on my CRS 2008 machine

2)Install all Service Pack/Fix Packs available for Crystal Reports 2008 (even SP1, even though all SAP documentation tells you not to do this, it is required before you can install SP2)

3) Reboot Server

If you do the same thing as me, just a warning that installing the Crystal Reports SPs will break InfoView/CMC until you apply them all and re-boot.