Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross Client Customzing - Define Printer

former_member182967
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello all,

As far as I know, defining a new printer in SAP system is belonging to the cross-client customizing.

But one thing I am confusing about:

I choose 'No changes to Repository and cross-client costuming objs', however I still can create and delete printers.

Can somebody know what happened? If my understanding is wrong, please kindly let me know.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Tong Ning

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

As far as i know the option " No changes to Repository and cross-client costuming objects " in SCC4 just prevents you directly changing the repositories and changes at program level. It also prevents you with a message " making changes in the foreign system only if they are urgent.

The new printer can be configured from SPAD transaction who has access. The changes can be done for the printer configuration even if you set option " No changes to Repository and cross-client costuming objects " for the customizing client. The option is not related to it. Please ensure than no one has access to the SPAD transaction except the one who have the administrator rights (or) sap_all .

I think this answer will help you.

See the below link for more details regarding the Client settings

System and Client Settings - System Administration Assistant (BC-RRR) - SAP Library

Regards,

Harsha.

former_member182967
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Harsha,

Thanks a lot for your quick response!

Then do you know if there is any part of printer related to the cross-client customizing?

Thanks & Best Regards,
Tong Ning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sir,

Related the configurations (SPAD--Printer) there is no cross client options or client specific options. You can use different printers at different or same locations based on your available resources and can use any printer either it is local/Remote. There is no such options for printer configurations. The options in SCC4 bare only for the foreign and program changes.

See the below links for detailed information and issues regarding the printer configurations.

How to Configure Printer in SAP - Basis Corner - SCN Wiki

I think this information will help u.

Regards,

Harsha.

former_member182967
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sir,

I just find one cross-client customizing in SPAD: printer control mentioned in ADM325 (client change option part).

I have test and verify this.

However, thanks a lot for your reply.

Best Regards,

Tong Ning