cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation of keyfigure?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have an R/3 field for a table say OMENG and its datatype is Quant of length 15 with 3 decimal places.

The data in R/3 for this field is displayed as

4.432,194 where as in Infocube->Manage it is displayed as 4.432,194 but in a report it is displayed as 4.432kg.

The z infoobject I created as Quantity keyfigure "QUAN - Quantity field, points to a uni",

decimal places: 0.000

display : 1,000

& key with maximum precision.

am I creating the keyfigure properly?

please let me know.

thanks,

Sabrina.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

sabrina

this is simple rounding issue. Since u have maitained display in 1000 the last three digits from 4.432,194 are rounded off to 4.432, if u remove display in 1000 then the value will be properly displayed.

now u have to change the display to normalcy and u can find ur kay figure value as orignal as in cube.

Kindly assign the points if it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sunraj - sorry for this late reply. I assigned you points and your answer did help me.

thanks,

Sabrina.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks sabrina

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

dear Sabrina,

you should have created your infoobject keyfigure properly already.

each infoobject keyfigure with type/data type 'QUAN' (quantity) will have fix unit of measure or refer to characteristic UNIT, you can see your it's fix or see your unit characteristic in rsd2 type in your keyfigure and check in tab 'type/unit', 'currency/unit of measure'.

if it's not a fix unit then check in transfer rules if the infoobject unit has been mapped properly with unit field from r/3.

• regarding maximum precision

Key Figure is Edited with Maximum Precision

If this indicator is set, the OLAP processor figures internally with the packed numbers that have 31 digits. In doing so, a higher degree of precision is possible than with floating point numbers, which are usually used by the OLAP processor.

In doing so, the rounding differences are especially reduced

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sabrina:

If I understand correctly, the actual key figure value is 4,432.194 KG is it? Then please take a look at transaction CUNI.