cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating New users for SAP KM portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have developed one SAP KM Connector in JAVA environment. we need to test the same in SAP Environment and testing has to be done on multiple users (Approximate about 30k users).

And we don't want to create these users manually. Is there any quick way to create these many users? Is there any script that can be run so that 30k users are created on the sap km portal?

Any reference point related to this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

Prashant.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi prashant,

You can create a text document and upload it. Create a text document with all the parameter

and upload it in User Administration->Import

Best Regards,

Atul Bhatia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Atul and Michael for the your prompt reply.

Can you give some more details about the contents and format for that text file?

Thanks,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I said, you should create a user with the /useradmin tool and export it. That way you can see the full format. It is documented here http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/48/abdd83c3333205e10000000a42189c/frameset.htm but your needs may only require a subset of the values.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the guideline.

I can able to create multiple users using Import option of the user administration but i have one more question regarding the same.

What about the password setting of these newly created users. Or can the set the password field in test file?? Because when we export the user, it is not showing any Password field.

Thanks & Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can add line

Password=Secret123

for each user entry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

You can mention password in the text file as Michal replied . Portal will ask for new password when you will login first time.

Best Regards,

Atul Bhatia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I tried, its working. but when we perform log in operation it shows error message saying "Password has expired" and it is asking for New Password.

Is there any way to skip this step??

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can try to make the users technical users, but I'm not sure of the syntax for this.. Maybe make a technical user and then export it.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all for valuable help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why not point your portal to an AD or other LDAP and then create the users in there? It is a more realistic test of a large portal...

You can create users with a specially formatted text file, but it is limited to 1MB per file. If you export a user with the /useradmin tool you will see the format of the file.

Also, do you need to do any group and/or role assignments of the users?