cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating New track for ESS

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Everyone,

We are doing enhancements to standard ESS iviews, like personal data,employee search,etc for this we created new track and we imported .sca files compatible to ess 60.2 business package.along with this we have some custom applications which has to create from the scratch,and these applications we have to give it to ess role.

I would like to know whether i need to create seperate track for these custom applications,or can i use same track which contains all standard ess DCs ..I would like to know how to acheive this,if someone have done previously ,please let me know .

Thanks in advance

Vinay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

if your runtime system is same ,yes you can use the same track . while assembly you have an option select your software component for your custom application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

Thanks for your quick reply,Yes my runtime systems are same ,but my concern is,we have all standard ESS DCs in suppose ESS_Track1,i will create my own DCs for custom application,so with standard DC's i have to move these custom DCs also.then what about the naming conventions,how we can differentiate standard ESS naming conventions and my custom applications naming conventions.

Thanks,

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

The way to do this is to create a custom Software Component (SC) to house your developments and leave the ESS SC as is. But both these SC's can be attached to the same track.

Thanks

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can put your software component under product ECC5/6 . naming convention should be accroding to your company standard .as i said before you can use the same track . i am not usre if this the answer youa re looking for

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks shiva ,

this is helpful

Answers (0)