cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating New Source System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to create a new source system in BW for the new R/3 client which is a copy of PRD.

So now new R/3 client is 200 and also PRD is 200. I did all necessary steps and i found difficulty when i am assigning logical system based on client. I found key is only client, so as PRD system is already mentioned with client 200 i am not able to create new entries and i hope this causing me error.

So by creating RFC destination directly in SM59 and when i tried to create it says PRD Client already available. Though i have specified new client server name.

Kindly advise.

This is quite urgent.

Thank You.

Best regards,

Bhuvana.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I guess client 200 is giving a problem.Change the client from 200 to 300/any other no and try.

Thanks,

MBA

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

it seems rfc connection between bw and r/3 not established properly, check with transaction sm59 (ask basis help if no authorization), choose r/3 source system rfc and menu test->authorization. check if user name and password, hostname/ip address are correct.

this doc 'bw r/3 connectivity' may useful http://help.sap.com/bp_biv235/BI_EN/BBLibrary/documentation/B84_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_DE.doc

hope this helps.