Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating model with Excel file

t_philip28
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I uploaded an excel file in SAC (size=8mb, 11 Dimensions, 29 Measures (Total of 40 columns and 41k rows). The upload of the file was no problem at all. But when I want to create the model the loading process continous wthout ending. I already waited for 1 h but nothing happened.

Is there any issue known regarding this topic?

Thank you very much for your help.

BR

loading.jpg

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JamesRLongstaff
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Philip,

The cell limitation counts cells multiplied by columns so if you have 10k rows and 15 columns you are actually uploading 150k cells.

Multiple measures will raise this value.

Hope this helps.

JamesRLongstaff
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Tony,

Currently the limit for uploading to a SAC model in one go is 800,000 cells. It is in the product roadmap that at some point this will go up but currently this is a limitation with data import options.

You are trying to upload just over double this.

Try uploading 20k rows of your data and then upload 20k more once the model is created.

If you still get problems try with a smaller subset first.

You should also be aware that the maximum number of cells in any model is 30,000,000. If you keep adding data to your model you'll find this out eventually.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards

James Longstaff

t_philip28
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear James,

thank you for your quick help. I tried to upload a first part with only 10 k rows and still it was not working. Just for testing purposes I cut down the numbers of measures to a total of 15 elements and this worked out. Are there any limits of measures or dimensions?

Thanks

Tony