cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating link for iView

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

I want to create a link for an iview . If i click that link the iView should open . I want the link in iview in content area.Any one give me some ideas.

regards,

M.Arunkumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

I had same problem and i got it solved with the help of Navigation Tag Library. For getting it you have to do following thing :

1.) Create iView for your application.

2.) Then create Page and add created iView to your page.

3.) Then you have to make changes on your JSP( like detail Navigation or top level navigation wherever u want to add the link for your created page. By importing the par file hope u know it.)

Ok, it goes like this:

Make your Portal application Object (component) which calls a JSP in the response. I guess thats simple.

In your JSP first specify the tag library and its prefix:

<%@ taglib uri="NavigationTagLibrary" prefix="nav" %>

Paste this withing the body tags:

<nav:navNode navTarget="ROLES://portal_content/....(uptill your page id)">

<nav:navNodeAnchor navigationMethod="byURL"/>

</nav:navNode>

In the potalapp.xml:

<application-config>

<property name="SharingReference" value="com.sap.portal.navigation.navigationtaglibrary"/>

</application-config> (...because u are using a service)

<property name="NavigationTagLibrary" value="/SERVICE/com.sap.portal.navigation.navigationtaglibrary/taglib/TagLibrary.tld"/> (in component profile.. path to tld).

4.) Now every thing is over just deploy the application and Make an iview of the par and then add that iView by replacing the previous one(like detail navigation or toplevel navigation or masthead).

======hope this will solve your problem==========================

Thanks & regards

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Darrell ,

Could u tell me how to check whether pcd repository is activated and where to activate it.

regards,

M.Arunkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If i create the URL a separate new window is opened. Is it possible to display only the iView when i click the link.

regards,

M.Arunkumar

praveenkumar_gudapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your link you should set the right target to open only the IView in same window.

Check this examples and play with the target attribute to get your requirement:

http://www.java2s.com/Code/HTMLCSS/Link-Attributes/targetExampleblankparentselfandtop.htm

Greetings,

Praveen Gudapati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arun,

I am not very clear with your requirement. But you can access the iview using its URL.

http://<hostname>:<port>/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/<pcd path of your iview>

In <PCD path of the iview> don't forget to replace ":" with "!3a" and "/" with "!2f".

For exp.:

http://<HostName>:<Port>/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/pcd!3aportal_content!2fcontent!2fkeyDataCock...

Regards

Deb

[Reward Points for helpful answers]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to create link in Knowledge management for content in portal contant folder.

regards,

M.Arunkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arun,

as far as I know - direct linking of portal iViews from KM is not possible. In your KM you can have a HTML document with the links of the iVews though - but you have to create by your own by finding out each URL. But the Folder -> New -> Link will work only for KM documents.

You can find the link of a portal object by opening the consisting Role -> then open the iVeiw under the role -> copy the pcd location property of the iView and then replace the pcd:// prt with ROLES:// - rest of the link should be fine. Then you can form the complete URL by http://host:port/irj/portal?NavigationTarget=<your iView path>

Regards,

Shubhadip

darrell_merryweather
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Arun

you can definately create a link to a PCD object from KM. You need to ensure that the PCD repository manager is active. This allows you to treat any PCD resource as a standard KM resource, and has a typical KM link, i.e. /pcd/....... When you click on this link you should be able to display this inplace

I hope this helps

D

praveenkumar_gudapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this:

/thread/447712 [original link is broken]

Greetings,

Praveen Gudapati