cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating iview using PAR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

when I am trying to create iview using the portal component then it is giving there message to me as " no template is present".Can any one tell me why it is? I have created a J2EE application in the NWDS and now want to incude that application as a iview in the portal, if possible tell me the steps to export the J2EE appllication as PAR and include it in the portal.

Best Regards,

Samir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samir,

When ever u r creating j2ee apllication based iview, take the URL of the application after u deployed on the Webserver.

Now you u a open a poratl, create a new iview with iview template option, there u will find the URL iview template.

Select the Radio button, and fill the general properties, then u mention the URL of ur J2ee application, and finally click finsh.

Once it created click on preview of the iview, now u can able to the ur output.

Hope it will give some idea.

Thanks & Regards

Ganesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samir,

If you not getting any PAR file in the Portal Archive Selection List means, I think, you have no super_admin_role, only have everytone role. So you can do one thing, you tell me any other person having the super-admin role, follow the steps,

In Portal --> System Administration --> Permissions --> Applications --> Right Click that Application and select the "Open Permission" option and adding the role for "content_admin_role" in that Permission Editor. Then you get the PAR Files in the Portal Archive Selection. In the Applicaion folder having only all the application files what you are creating the PAR Files.

It is not possible to create J2EE Application as the PAR file in NWDS. Because there is no option to deploy in the portal and also you getting only the EAR File using the J2EE Application. Instead of J2EE Application you can use the EP Perspective (Enterprise Portal). In this EP Perspective having the option to create the JSPDynpage, Portal Abstract Component and Services. In the EP Perspective have option to create the PAR File.

I think its helps to you, if you need more help feel free to ask me.

Regards

Prakash T

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Prakash,

Can you tell me that what is the exact difference between creating the iview of a java application as URL iview and iview of the same application using the PAR as the portal component?

Best Regards,

Samir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samir,

In Portal, you can create the iview in three ways,

1. iView Template, that is pre-defined template in the portal.

2. Portal Component, that is user-defined, what we are creating the PAR Files using the NWDS.

3. Web Dynpro Java Application, this is for WebDynpro Applications, using this application you can creating the iView in the portal.

Suppose you want to create the iView using the Existing (Pre-defined) iView like URL iView, KM Search iView,KM Subscription iView etc(appx 53 iViews are there). These are all pre-defined, you cannot able to change the objects in the component.

In that URL iView having the option to select the webserver url address like <b>http://servername/application_folder/applications.extension</b>, using this iView you can select the java application in the portal from your webserver. That java application deployed in your webserver.

Likewise you want to create the iView based on your User-defined components as PAR files means, you can select the second option. Here what we are created component that can only viewed.This component can changed by using the NWDS. In NWDS we can using the java, jsp codes for creating the portal components. After creating portal component deployed in the portal.

Third Option is used for only the Web Dynpro teams, now i have no idea to create the iView based on this application.

Its helps to you.

Thanks & Regards

Prakash T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use the wizard within NWDS to create the PAR file. Dont bother attempting it manually. You can deploy this from NWDS if you have it linked up to a J2EE engine, otherwise you can deploy it from the administrator tab manually. When you then create an 'iView from PAR' you should see your PAR in the list - if not you have done something wrong