cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating InfoPackage: Data Targets not available for selection. Any hints?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have 5 ODSes which by design are to feed a 6th ODS. I created 5 update rules, using each of the 5 ODSes, separately as infosources.

The problem is that under the Infosource tree, I see the system generated InfoSouce but while creating the Infopackage, under Data Targets tab, my 5 ODSes are not available. Infact, it gives me no data targets for selection.

Any hints on what I might be missing in the steps?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, if I understand you correctly, you want to load data from 5 ods to the 6th ods..right?

if you have active update rule, then.

In the infosource section, it should be under Meta Data. If one of the ods is zxyz.

check for infosource... .8zxyz and under that create infopackage.

thanks.

Wond

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

hi Amanda,

good to know the reason behind,

i think then next time you can start reward very helpful or helpful answers first,

and finally reward 'solved'.

i remind this since most time your postings are quite long, questions in question, and take long discussion, responsed by more than one person, would like to know if all the answers are helpful or you only appreciate one answer, now i know you appreciate all

0 Kudos

hi Amanda,

say you have zods1 to zods6, and zods6 is feed by zods1-zods5,

under infosource tree, you create infopackage from which ods's generated infosource ? i guess zods6,

then yes you wont see any ods in data target, since zods6 has no further update to any data target,

you will see zods6 in generated infosource of zods1,zods2,zods3,zods4,and zods5.

you won't see all zods1-zods5 in one infosource unless they have update rules for all zods1-zods5 with same infosource.

you will need to go one by one infosource for each ods's infosource.

hope this helps.

• note : it seems recently you only reward 'solved' for the last reply, please note you can reward more than one star

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks on the content.

Now on the points, when I click Solved for one person, it automatically grayout the solved button for all and I am unable to do so for anyone else.

The only time I am able to do it separately is when I do assign less than 10.

Please clarify if I am missing a point..... If possible... I can go back and fix all previous points. You guys have been so helpful. Thanks.

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amanda,

This is the way the points system is set up. Only one reply on a thread can get the Solved Blue Star. You have always been prompt in assigning the points so do not worry about it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amanda,

You right clik on ODS and select 'Update ODS data in Data targets' and choose suitable option( full/init/delta). It will take you to the info package screen. in info package screen you can select data targets whcih you want to upload to.

you have to repeat the same process for all 5 ods's.

You can also include these info packages to a single process chain and execute the process chain.

Hope this helps.

Praveen