cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating custom define cube

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i have a situation here. i need to create a ods . i need to pull the data from r/3. where all the tables are not standard tables . now i what r the steps to create the ods . and pull the data from r/3 tables . can u plz explain . this is new to me . i was doing all the sta ndard content till now . and i now have something to do were it not standard i now flat extraction but i dont know how to from R/3. can u help . thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

veda,

fisrtly, you'll need the ff. documents:

"How To... Create Generic Delta 3.0" and "ODS objects in BW 3.0"

http://service.sap.com/bi, and go to SAP BW InfoIndex -> Delta Handling and then in ODS Functions

it's a bit complicated to describe the whole process. remember what you did for the standard objects - those steps will more or less be the same for customized. try to read up on it and learn how to build everything. just ask us if you need help.

ryan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thankyou mates . i got it . i have some points to u all . thanks

one more thing

i have 5 roles and i want to assign a query to all the roles . when i go to query designer and assign the qury to the role 1 role2 role3 it is making a copy of querys same query is copied and shown in the cube has 3 querys is there any way to assign the querys without duplicating them to all the roles . thanks in advance

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veda,

The best way is read the document

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_bw30b/helpdata/en/ad/6b023b6069d22ee10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Otherwise, you can do this by following steps:

-go to transaction RSA1

-Select the InfoArea for assign the ODS object or create a new InfoArea. Go to Modeling ->Info Provider-> Create InfoArea.

-If you already have InfoArea from context menu for the InfoArea, choose Create ODS Object.

-Transfer InfoObjects

-go to settings

If you want to do reporting on this please select the option ODS object available for use in BEx reporting.

ODS Object type is standard if you are not using for planning purpose.

-Save the ODS object, and activate it.

Before doing this you need to create a Generic datasource in transaction RSO2 in your R/3 system

select the table here.

Replicate the datasource in BW.This step you can do by right click on source system and say Replicate datasource.

After this it's very simple create Update Rules and all.

Hope this helps and let me know if you need any further clarifications.

It will be very helpful for you if you see the help document.

regards,

Ashish