Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating a single chart based on two data providers in webtemplates

Ashwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All!

Is there a way to design a webtemplate where a single chart is displayed from two different dataproviders. my requirement is to display a chart which gets its data from two different queries which have simmilar keyfgures and simmilar dimentions. note that we cannot have a single query .

any suggestion is a welcome and will be appreciated with points.

with regards

ashwin

View Entire Topic
former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ashwin,

am not sure if a single chart can be used .. it can take data only from a table forat which would mean on query ..

some thoughts...

1. channeling the queries through APD and having a query derived from the two queries

2. The usual - having a multiprovider and reporting off the same.

Another option could be trying to do the same usnig a BSP - call both queries - read the data into an internal table and create a chart out of the same. you can even explore HTMLB for this I suppose.

Arun

Assign points if any of these options seems reasonably valid!!

Ashwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi!

good suggestions

1)With APD:- These quereis are based on variable which selects a charecteristic which is outside the cube and it has M:N relationship with the Charecteristic in the cube. sooo It is not optimal to call APD each time i want to use the query and more over i can not have a Seperate infoprovider just for one query which is verydynamic and changes more than once in a data

2)cannot create a multiprovider because one charecteristics BP group is in M:N relation with Business parner charecteristic in some 3 cubes. and if I create a multiprovider i can not restrict the contents based on group only valid option might be to use infoset but it performance wise its not a good solution

3) with BSP do you mean eachtime when we want use the query with a different restriction do we need to execute this BSP application with a variable and then fill the datasources and then activate the table and then check the query??? or you mean something else..can you please explain a bit... more about the concept.

with regards

ashwin

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

With a BSP...

take the query inputs ( variables ) through HTML or otherwise.. and then there is a function module for running the query ( check the how to document given by Raja on converting queris to HTML ) and run the query with the input parameters.

now you wil get the results in an internal table for both queries and there is a chart generator program / FM available in BSP ( lot of posts aout the same in the BSP forum ) use that and your chart should come out fine.

Sounds like a wild idea .. but then out of the box requirements necessitate out of the box ideas...

Arun

Ashwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi!

Thanks for the suggesstion... seems ineresting. let me try out. I was not aware of this chart generator in BSP.

with regards

ashwin

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Some links on the same...

/people/thomas.jung3/blog/2004/08/31/bsp-150-a-developer146s-journal-part-x--igs-charting

Hope it helps..

Arun