cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Created custom MSS Role in lpd_Cust - where to change the MSS role name?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are on NW 7.31 SP 6 and are implementing MSS Add on.

I had originally changed the standard MSS role in lpd_cust but this was giving us problems when transporting.

So I decided then to create a custom MSS role in lpd_cust.  I have copied the hompage application and configuration.  I have copied and changed the mss role name in the homepage iview to my new custom role.  I have changed the role parameter on the application to my new role.

However, it is still displaying the sap standard MSS role from lpd_cust:

Where else do I need to change the role name?

Thanks in advance,

Liz.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Liz,

You can refer to the below link, which explains the customization in part"Question 2: How to customize Launchpad role?"

http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/hcm/employee-self-service/blog/2012/05/31/tips-recommendations-for-...

Thanks

Aanchal

former_member197475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Liz,

You need to create a custom MSS EMPLOYEE_MENU launchpad and modify it to your requirement.

Go to SPRO->Personnel Management->Manager Self-Service->Organizational Chart Visualization->Configure Organizational Chart Visualization.

Now select the Employee structure. Select Navigation Events from LPD Customizing and set your custom role.

With Regards,

RAM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Firstly, may I say many thanks for the response.  Am beginning to get worried as our go-live is approaching rapidly!

Secondly, I went into as you suggested but I cannot see where to enter a role:

Also, while I'm asking a question, I hope you don't mind another.  I actually have a couple of different MSS roles.  Can I add multiple roles here?

Thanks in advance,

Liz.

former_member197475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Liz,

Sorry for my late reply

I got your point. You haven't selected the Hierarchy/Structure/Navigation Field Group, that's why you are not able to enter your Role.

As I previously said go to SPRO->Personnel Management->Manager Self-Service->Organizational Chart Visualization->Configure Organizational Chart Visualization. Now choose 'Maintain Transferred Organizational Chart Configuration' from activity. Follow the below steps.

1. Choose the 'MSSBIZVIEW' Hierarchy.

2. Now select the structure name(MSS_EMP_HIER).

3. Select the Navigation Field Group(Eg: Organization, Compensation, Talent).

4. Now select Navigation Events from LPD Customizing.

You can see your already selected Hierarchy/Structure and Navigation Field Group. So you can enter your LPD Role and Instance.

And for your another question. am sorry it's not possible. You can't add multiple roles here.

You can pass only one role for each Navigation Field Group.

Hope you got it

BR,

Ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

You are so good for replying.  Yes, I got where to enter it in the end, however, when I did, the menu button beside the photos has disappeared!!

I don't suppose you'd have any idea that would be?

Thanks a mill for your help.  There is not a lot of documentation out there on this stuff yet and you have been a great help!

All the best,

Liz.

former_member197475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Liz,

I wonder how the Menu button disappears.

But guess it may be surely due to any config issues. So please consult with your Functional Contacts.

BR,

RAM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Ram.  Thanks again for the help.

All the best,

Liz.

clwalker
Participant
0 Kudos

This has been a great help as I have been trying to locate where these launchpads have been configured for some time.

From what I can see I can configure the navigation events for mss employee_menu and organization_menu.

Are you able to point me in the right direction for

MSS NAV

MSS RELATED_ACTIVITY and

MSS MSS_EMPLOYEE_PROFILES

Many Thanks

former_member197475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Claire,

I don't get your exact question?

Or you looking for the place, where you need to know the launchpad details? If yes, go to transaction LPD_CUST.

You can find/create your launchpad.

BR,

Ramakrishnan

clwalker
Participant
0 Kudos

The problem I am having is that having created by ZMSS roles within LPD_cust I can't find where to specify that these are used instead of the standard ones.

I have found the place for most but was having trouble finding the links for

MSS NAV

MSS RELATED_ACTIVITY and

MSS MSS_EMPLOYEE_PROFILES

so that I can change these to read

zmss nav

zmss related_activity

zmss mss_employee_profiles

Thanks in anticipation