cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create tabs in Enterprise Portal 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I began using SAP a couple days ago and I want to integrate an application into the portal. Before I do that, I am trying to learn some basics. I've created a sample iView, deployed it to the portal and it worked as expected. Now I want to import some data into the portal and verify that I can create new tabs to navigate to my iView.

I've logged into the EP as administrator and created a new folder under Portal Content->Content Provided by Other Vendors. I added a workset, page, and my iView to the folder and then exported it. I manually moved the exported file into my Import directory and imported the .epa file.

After doing this, I do not the tabs I thought should appear in the portal. It appears the UI has not changed after the import. I thought the workset and page would add the appropriate tabs in the portal but not so.

Do you know of a simple tutorial that illustrates how to add navigation tabs to the portal? I'm sure I am doing some basic things wrong, but I haven't found the right information to guide me yet.

Thank you very much

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Kenneth

create a role and add the workset that u created.

now from the property category tab for the role make the property entry point for the role to yes save ur changes

assign this role to user the role is display as a tab in the portal.

if u have any query msg me back.

regards,

kaushal

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your responses. I'm following up in case this thread might help someone else in the future.

I discovered the problem. I had to create a role and assign it to a user through the User Administrator / Roles. Once I did that and logged in as the specified user, I was able to view the tabs in the portal.

I had read in another post that I must assign the role to a user, but I've only been using SAP for a couple days and I didn't understand what I was doing. I still don't, but I want to reward myself with some points for my perserverance. 😃

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your responses. Unfortunately, I am still unable to see any navigation tabs added to the portal. I followed advice from this post as well,

but still had no luck. I must be missing some steps.

Is it necessary to export a .epa file and then import it in order to see the tabs? -- that is what I've tried.

I have created an iView and I would like to create a transport package that one could import into a portal. Once the package has been imported into the user's portal, he should navigate the tabs at the top of the portal to get to the iView (similar to the tabs: Content Administration -> Portal Content)

Can someone please provide a procedure to add navigation tabs to my portal. Please don't omit any cruicial steps because I am obviously missing something simple here.

Many thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you asked tutorial to assist you. i have attached a link. go through this. this will surely help.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/e0/9e4f3e7395b412e10000000a11405a/frameset.htm

regards,

Ganesh.N