cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create system fails - Object not created. Try again later.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a newly installed NW 7.02 SPS11 JAVA instance running the Enterprise Portal.  I'm logged in as j2ee_adm_ppj which is the JAVA administrator.  When I try to create a new system in the system landscape from a template (SAP system using dedicated application server), I give it a system name and a system id.  When I click Finish, I get a message at the top of the screen that says:

Object was not created. Try again later. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator.

At first I thought it might be a permission issue per note so I granted the id super_admin_role per note 929580, but it still fails.  Nothing in the logs or traces indicate the problem.

Does anyone have any idea what is causing this error?  Any help is appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184059
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rex,

This is new bug in 7.02. You need to apply the latest patches for Component EPBC2 and SAPJTECHS to resolve the issue. Please go through the following note for more details.

1677231 - The iView creation is failing with broken link

Regards,

Rajendra Kielka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajendra,

First, let me thank you for your quick reply to my message.

I reviewed note 1677231 and it appears that the error described there should be corrected with the support package level that my NW 7.02 system is currently on which is SPS11. 

I checked the SAP Marketplace again and there are no higher level patches available.  SPS11 is very new - it came out just over 2 weeks ago.

I appreciate your efforts.

Kind regards,

Rex L. Farris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Farris,

As per note, the issue is fixed in 7.02 SP 11. If you are still seeing the error, then you may have to check the below.

1. Apply note 1086644 to check for any inconsistency the templates to create system object.

2.If step 1 does not solve,then Redeploy EPPSERV,EPBC, EPBC2  components and check.

Regards,

Usha K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajendra,

As it turns out, you were right - note 1677231 fixes the error.  I received a reply to my message to SAP Support that also recommended this note.

The issue was that on 4/12 when you responded to me, there were no new patches for NW 7.02 SP11.  SAP added the new patches on 4/18.  I downloaded them and they fixed the error.  I also recommended to SAP that they update note 1677231 with the patch version that corrects the error.

Thanks again for your help.

Kind regards,

Rex L. Farris

Answers (0)