cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create data source (system) in EP 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

can someone give me a tutorial or something like that on how to create a system (called data source in EP5) in EP 6.

What I want to do is to implement an external Webservice. So the system I need is one which can handle user-mapping but not only with two credentials.

(I only need the instruction for building the system and not for resolving the mapped data)

Ciao

René

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Oliver_S
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

after reading the help, I have another question. For writing a system I need follwing entry in the portalapp.xml in the

Which ConnectionFactoryClass exist with EP6. Do I have to write an own? If so how?

René

Oliver_S
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rene

"after reading the help, I have another question" 🙂

Well, I am not so familiar with this new feature of EP60. I ll try to find a tutorial.

But in meantime, there is a simplier solution. Just create a system in the administration role of EP60 and give it an ALIAS.

you can then connect to the system via the old EP50 systemlandscapeservice. The new com.sapportals.iviewserver.systemlandscape.service is unfortenately not yet released.

We ll have to wait until mid of November.

Oliver

Oliver_S
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Ok Rene, as I thought:

We have built-in connectors in EP6 for JDBC, R3. Also Siebel & PeopleSoft connectors can be downloaded from iViewStudio (from SDN later)

If you wish to use one of the above built-in connectors, you should use for the ConnectionFactoryClass

one of the values: SAPFactory,JDBCFactory.

If you write your own connector you should set this property value to your connector.

If your system does not use a connector you don't have to use this property at all.

if you want to know more about Connector Famework, search for my article about this in EP60 developer area.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Oliver,

Okay, perhaps I described it a bit complicated. I'm just looking for a method to store User-Mapping Data with more than two credentials. In EP 5 therefore I wrote an entry in the systems.xml. Now I'm looking for an equivilant in EP 6. A method to get the stored data out of the system I already imported from our EP 5.

The only thing important for me is that I can get the data from the system in EP 6 in the same way I get the mapped data out of a data-source generated with the systems.xml in EP 5! But how to build such a system?

regards

René