cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create d-version of gerneric datasource

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

within a project I started to create a custom content in BW (=> BI 7.0 SPS 16). Due to this, it is also necessary to create the content of the data sources in the source system (=> ECC 6.0). But here Iu2019ve the problem, that all generic data sources not available in the D-version (only in A-version). The ERP is not a content system, and should not be. Is it possible to create a D-version on an other way?

Thanks and best regards,

Patrick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

I do not think that is possible. I also think this is not right. What all you see in RSA5 is the SAP delivered content and as you rightly said, custom datasources stay in RSA6 only. I do not think there is a way to push it backwards. It is always better to keep the business content untouched. Why do you want to do this by the way?

Thanks and Regards

Subray Hegde

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

further more some datasources were already created in d-version on the OLTP system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

During the research of the sap documentation i found the information that it is possible to override all system-wide seetings for each individual user. So you can add the parameter RSOISCONTENTSYSTEM

and RSOSTANDARDCTOACTIVE to the user and he will create for example only d-versions. But this all is only described for the BI-system and seems not to work in the ECC-system. (More Details => http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/fc/db2798f3d48848af7f2612e00299e0/frameset.htm)

Is there a way to override the system settings also in ECC?

Thanks and best regards,

Patrick

dennis_scoville4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As Subray stated, you can always create custom (generic) DataSources, usng RSO2 in source SAP applications (e.g. ECC). It is not possible for creating a D version of a generic DataSource because that stands for Delivered, meaning delivered with the system as developed by SAP. Since generic DataSources are developed to custom fit the specific organizational reporting requirements, they can never be considered to be Delivered content.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subray,

your are right, itu2019s not a good idea to overwrite the business content. But I want to create an own custom content (even with the data sources in the source system).

Best regards,

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pratrick,

You can always create a custom data source using the t-code RSO2. You might already know this. This will be visible in RSA6 but will not be in RSA5 as it only contains the business content data sources.

Thanks and Regards

Subray Hegde