cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a data source from a master data table

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to use the data in an info object master data table (0WORKCENTER) to create a data source for a hierarchy. When I right click on the InfoSource 0WORKCENTER and select Generate Export Data Source it appears to do something, it shows the technical id 80WORKCENTER. Then I try to assign the source system (the BW source system) to 0WORKCENTER this new export data source does not appear in the list of available data sources to use.

Questions:

1. Is there another way to create an export data source from a master data table?

2. Is there a way to transfer the master data table data to a hierarchy structure?

3. How do I find my export data source after it has been created?

Any help is appreciated.

Barb Bunker

Puget Sound Energy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Barbara,

Goto your InfoObject Definition and check the characteristic is export datasource. Then activate it and try to regenerate the export datasource.

Also display generated objects should be show objects.

GSM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I made the setting in the InfoObject and activated it. I then regenerated the Export Data Source. I still cannot find it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Barbara,

Did you do the replication of the datasources ?

Goto SourceSystem -> select your BW system -> right click replicate datasources.

Then refresh your object tree, it should show you the datasource.

Hope this helps,

GSM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Duh! I should have done that first. Yes, that solved my problem thanks so much!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can also try RSA1 -> Settings -> Display Generated Objects -> Check the "Show Generated Objects" option.

Bye

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

This looks like it applies to ODS objects? I got a popup window that had 2 selections:

Hide Generated ODS Objects

Show Generated ODS Objects

My object is not an ODS Object. I tried it with both selections and still can't find the data source.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Barbara

To find your generated export datasource. In the infosource tab(At the top) right click on the Infosource and choose insert lost node(s) and refresh the screen. you will see the generated object.

Thnaks

Sat

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did that. I still can't find it.