Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a custom component to save url in browser favorites

former_member199630
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I would like to know if there is any custom component created with SDK to add an url to the browser favorites.

Do you know?

I tried to do it by myself but I couldn't. Permission denied is one of the error Im getting.

Thanks, Fede

View Entire Topic
Karol-K
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Federico,

in the SCN community package we do not have. But I know probably the problem you describe - permission denied. At some time all known browsers have introduced security check if the call for adding to favorites is not executed after server response automatically. You can execute it from JavaScript which is triggered by immediate user interaction.

You can check in debugger how this works in the design studio standard implementation, there is small dialog showing the option and a button which triggers the add to favorites.

Karol

former_member199630
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karol,

I read in the msdn the following for the method window.external.AddFavorite that I was using to save the url in the browser favorites.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ie/ms535926(v=vs.85).aspx

"...this method is deprecated and should no longer be used. In addition, this method is not supported for Windows Store apps using JavaScript and will fail silently if called...Calling the AddFavorite method with a file:// or javascript: URL returns a Permission Denied error..."

As you said, all browsers have a security check that don't allow to use it if the url that I want to save is different from the url is shown.

I think I won't have a solution here .

Thanks, Fede