cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CR XI.5 Rev 2 cant Connect to 2005

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to move my datasource from SQL 2000 to 2005 for CR XI.5 Rev 2, but when I switch to 2005, CR throws an error

"database logon failed"... I know, I know it's a general error, but maybe where it fails in the code may be a clue?

report.Export(exportOptions);

where ExportFormatType is PDF

Any advice would be much appreciated!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please provide following information.

Is the report working fine in the designer?

Is it the developement or production machine on which the error occured?

Version of visual studio?

The data provider (i.e. OLEDB, ODBC SQL Native client etc. ) is being used?

Thanks,

Bhushan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the prompt response: Here are the answers;

Is the report working fine in the designer? - Yes.

Is it the developement or production machine on which the error occured? - Development. Production is still using SQL 2000 DB, but we want to move production to 2005 as soon as this issue is resolved.

Version of visual studio? - Visual Studio 2008

The data provider (i.e. OLEDB, ODBC SQL Native client etc. ) is being used? - OLEDB

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

CR XI.5 Rev 2 is not compatible (supported/tested) with Visual Studio 2008.

For working with Visual Studio 2008 use Crystal Reports 2008 Sp2 or higher.

Thanks,

Bhushan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The thing is the solution was in visual studio 2005 before and still had the same issue. The issue I am facing is that the reports work fine if we connect to a sql 2000 DB(in VS2008 also). I get a Database logon failed only when I am connecting to a SQL 2005 DB.

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Under no circumstance I will recommend the use of Crystal report XI R2 with VS 2008.

However,

As it is mentioned earlier that the report works fine from the designer, does it mean that the report is fetching the data from SQL server 2005 when viewed from the designer?

If it is so then try this:-

1. Verify the database for the integrity during migration, check if the schema is modified.

2. Try the sample code provided at following location.

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a0b05250-df37-2c10-2cba-a99b69e89ae8|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a0b05250-df37-2c10-2cba-a99b69e89ae8]

If the error is still occurs, try and change the data provider to ODBC and try again., see if it works.

Do let us know the results.

Thanks,

Bhushan.

Edited by: Bhushan Hyalij on Jul 8, 2010 10:51 PM

Answers (0)