cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CR (for Enterprise) | BEx Query | How to show values of a BEx variable?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts!

I am new in Crystal Report thats why I need some help. Maybe its solved fast, but I need more help.

I built a Query in SAP BEx Query Designer with some variables (for authorization) for example Business Unit. Now if I use my CR Report the variables comes up like a popup, thats okay.

My aim is: if I choose one or more values of the Business Unit or some other parameters/variables, then the value of the parameter should be shown on the report header.

If I put my parameter in the header of the CR Report, it shows the first value but not the other 2. How can I show all my selected values of the parameter? I can just use the report header and footer.

Any ideas?

best regards!

EDIT:

I solved it with "join(param,', ')" .

Now... how can I show the description of the value. It just shows the technical name/short description. ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Here's what you need to do:

1) Insert a Subreport in the Report Header. Use the same BEx query as the datasource for this Subreport

2) While in the Main Report, right-click the Subreport and Select 'Edit Subreport'

3) This takes you to the Structure tab of the Subreport. Look for the Parameters tab in the Data Explorer and right-click the parameter listed under it

4) Then Select 'Edit Subreport Data Passing links'

5) Clicking on the 'Add' button should provide you with a list of 'objects' returned by the query in the Main Report along with the Parameters

6) Select the Parameter and right beside that, you should get an option with a drop-down that says 'pass to'

7) This drop-down lists the Parameters in the Subreport. Select the parameter and the link should be done

😎 Do this for all the parameters to make sure the Subreport and the Main Report are returning the same results.

9) Inside the Subreport, place the Description field  in the Details Section and suppress all the other sections.

Go back to the Main Report and if you've linked everything up correctly, the subreport show the Description of the selected parameters.

Let me know how this goes!

- Abhilash

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Share Your Knowledge in SCN Topic Spaces

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abhilash,

First thanks for your answer. I think we're on the right way.

I understood everything till point number 9.

Details Section is the body section right?

What is my description field? I tried to use my parameter, without success.

best regards,

Martin

EDIT:
Okay, now I think I know. The description field is the object with the blue hash. Here I don't have my fields, I just have my parameter.

BUT if its necessary then I have to change my BEX query to use the other description fields.

EDIT2:

It works nice... but I have some problems with my BEx Query. I get an error in CRE if I add an character in the query.

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

What is the error that you get?

And, by the Description field, I mean the object that would be used as the Description for the Technical Name.

- Abhilash

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Share Your Knowledge in SCN Topic Spaces

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think it was a bug of the enterprise version. I changed the query, closed and open the CRE report again, updated the data source and now it works fine.

Okay. I used formulas which refered to the parameters.

So thank you for your help! I got it.

Answers (0)