cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Count Days for Month in Bex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm working with Analyzer and I have a query with columns by months (1,2....12).

I need a row with the number of days of each month.

How can I do it? with User Exit?

How can I assign the number of days to a Key Figure??

THanks a lot !!

Edited by: Markus C. on Jan 28, 2010 7:00 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I think you can use a formula variable for this. You can definitely get it to count the number of days in a day-inteval, so maybe you will need to add a restriction on 0calday in each column (leave the 0calmonth restriction, which you probably use for the text heading). Adding the day restriction should change nothing datawise, unless of course you dont have 0calday in the cube (you could stick it in and give all records the first date of the month...).

Another way is to add a key figure to the cube and then write the number of days into it, based on the month and a lookup to a table with the values. You use this key figure in the report and set it to use the MAX or LAST to just show the number of days once (any record will do...). But this makes for difficult reporting I guess.

Regards

Jacob

P.S: you can also put the number of days as an attribute on 0calmonth and read it from there with a formula variable. [See this|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/43/565cd22fc95f6ce10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm]

Edited by: Jacob Jansen on Jan 28, 2010 8:10 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try Replacement path variable

replace variable with characteristics.