cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost element field enchancement to 0FI_GL_10 data source.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

I want to add cost element field to 0FI_GL_10 data source but, the cost element filed (KSTAR) is available in the extract structure.

The issue, "is this field (KSTAR) is not available in the data source".

so appreciate your inputs to resolve this issue.

Regards

PKC

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mr_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi PKCBW,

Enhance 0FI_GL_10, to add 'Cost Element' from 'FAGLFLEXT' table using User Exits.

Then add '0COSTELMNT' infoObject to the InfoSource '0FI_GL_10' and map it to the enhance field in DataSource.

Add '0COSTELMNT' infoObject to the InfoCube 0FIGL_C10, activate update rules.

Load master (Attribute, Texts & Hierarchy) Data for '0COSTELMNT'.

Then '0COSTELMNT' will be available in query design, and restrict with this hierarchy there.

Regards,

V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

we already have the field (cost element from flagflext) in the extract structure but, this field is not available in data source.

so do i have to add the field in the append structure and write a code to populate this field.

please let me know how to use the exisiting field of the extract structure into the data source.so that we can avoid the enchancement.

regards

PKC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why donot you do as I suggested earlier.

Write a Small program to modify the table (ROOSFIELD) row where OLTPSOURCE = 0FI_GL_10 and OBJVERS = 'A'.

For complete code search the forums with the term ROOSFIELD.

With rgds,

Anil Kumar Sharma .P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil

I wrote a program and the field is visible in the data source. Thank x.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank x

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am very new to BW. I am starting my first project in a few days where I need to extract data from FI. Can anyone explain what data is extracted from FI and analyzed and for what purpose? Are there any extractors or any datasources available? If so what are they and what information do we get?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks and Regards.

MUP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Write a Small program to modify the table (ROOSFIELD) row where OLTPSOURCE = 0FI_GL_10 and OBJVERS = 'A'.

For complete code search the forums with the term <i>ROOSFIELD</i>.

With rgds,

Anil Kumar Sharma .P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cost element is the same as RACCT (Account number) only for economic account.

If you want, you can add cost element in your cube and fill it with 0glaccount only if it's an economiv accont.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi paolo

The actual issue is, I need to populate a set of GL Account numbers that are maintained in a one of node in a particular costelement hierarchy in the R/3.

So I want add the costelement in the 0figl_c10 cube and restrict to the required costelement node on in the query.

so please give inputs to resolve the issue.

Regards

PKC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me see if I understand your issue correctly: Seems you want to use "cost element" because the cost element hierarchy has been maintained. (I assume the financial stmt version (FSV) has not been maintained in R/3.)

Since 0FI_GL_10 extracts newGL (GL/PCA) data, I suggest using 0GL_ACCOUNT as intended. To extract the hierarchy for 0GL_ACCOUNT, the FSV must be maintained in R/3.

I've seen many customers try to avoid this crucial step (maintaining FSV in R/3), but it should be done.

Also, if the FSV is not developed in R/3, it will prove most difficult to develop any GL reports (Balance Stmt, P&L, Trial Balance, etc.) in R/3 environment (should the need arise.