I have a peculiar situation in which I have 4 hierarchies for cost center and I want to create a variable for cost center so that I can pick up one of the hierarchies when I execute the query. How can I create that variable ?
When I select one of the heirarchy from the variable above I need one more variable so that I can select the node for the selected hierarchy.
kinda urgent, Thanks
You should be able to create or use a variable for the hierarchy in the char properties in BEx. For the hierarchy node variable, you need to go to the char > Restrict box. This link should be useful:
Hope this helps...
Variable hierarchy variable hierarchy nodes...from help.sap
1. In the top left of the selection field, choose Single values and a hierarchy that contains the required hierarchy node, from the top right corner.
2. Select the Variables tab page.
3. Select the required variable from the list of available variables on the left-hand side.
4. Select the required variable and drag it into the Selection box on the right (or use the arrow icon pointing to the right).
5. Highlight a hierarchy node in the right-hand box and choose Select variable hierarchy from the context menu (right mouse button). You reach the Select Variable for Hierarchy dialog box.
6. Select a variable hierarchy. See also: Selecting Hierarchies.
7. Choose OK.
Link is below :