cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying package developed in a local folder in PC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to copy the whole transaction, program and other components associated with it from se81/ workbench to a local folder on my PC in windows. How do I do that ?

Points will be awarded as I have been doing always.

Thanks...

Regards,

Tushar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

there was a similar thread at

Roger Rubin told that there is a free tool that can do this. You can download it at http://www.dalestech.com

However I have not tried it.

Good luck...

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar ,

You can copy code using Utility- Download . But if you want to have backup of the whole program ( Texts / GUI etc ), you have to put all the objects in a transport .

Say for a program you can use R3TR PROG <NAME>, this will carry with it all related objects like screen/ GUI / Texts , for a Function group R3TR FUGR <NAME>.

Release the transport , this will create two file in diectories /usr/sap/trans/co/ and /usr/sap/trans/data at the O/S of application server . You can copy these files to your PC . But mind it when you want to import this program in a different system then all the dependant objects should be there like TABLE etc . If your program has custom tables as well , make sure to include them in transport as well R3TR TABL , R3TR DTEL ( data element )etc.

Cheers .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tushar,

I don't think You can copy the entire list of programs in one shot that are associated with a transacation. You need find out the list of programs and need to it one by one.

Regards,

Ravi