cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying from cube to cube

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

How do you copy the exact contents of one cube to another cube without having to create update rules? I tried it and the "request available in data target" button all had a red cross under it.

Please help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunil,

but why you don't want to transfer this content from one cube to another WITHOUT update rules (via export datasource) !

This is the way you have to follow !

Otherwise you can use open hub service, but I'm not understanding the reason (and the sense!)

Bye,

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

assuming ur trying to copy from a cube A to cube B.

goto cube A - rt click, generate export datasource, a datasource will be generated named 8cubeA.

create cube B, while creating there is an option copy from so that the structure is copied.

create update rules for this new cube , in the update rules page select option infocube and give cubeA and activate ur update rules.

goto infosource tab, find ur 8cubeA datasource and schedule an infopakage.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

Can u give a guide on how to do this [without update rules]?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I cannot find the generated datasource under the infosource tab, how do i locate it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I cannot find the generated datasource under the infosource tab, how do i locate it?

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First refresh the screen and then try to search for 8 followed by your cube name.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

And look if you have in the infosource page in Settings->Display generated objects-> the "Show..." option activated !

Bye,

Roberto

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think that affects the display of cube based infosources...

Former Member
0 Kudos

goto settings >display generated objects> show ods objects and then refresh. now if u serach u will be able to find it.

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think Sunil is looking for an InfoSource based on his cube. In that case these Settings do not affect him...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure Bhanu...you are right !

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U will find all generated data sources in table ROOSGEN.

from this try to find out in which source sytem it is assigned by checking the check table...

Regards-

Siddhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

sunil,

u have closed the thread. could u update us how u solved it.

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Where did you try this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

in the reconstruction tab

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It means that this particular request has been removed from the cube you are looking it. If the PSA has been maintained then you can reconstruct it.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

But how do i actually copy the cube [step-by-step]?

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Do you want to create a copy of the cube (structure) or copy the data from one cube to another?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to copy the data from one cube to another