cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy data with data slice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, can anyone help me with this problem?

I need to copy planning data from one version to another one version.

I also need to choose at runtime the source and the target version.

I've coded an exit function and everything seems to be ok but when i activate the data slice on the characteristic VERSION the system stop me with the following message:

"Data record locked by data slice".

Thanks in advance

Mauro

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Data slice is used for locking the data (stopping users from changing it). What's the version entered on the data slice?

One quick question SAP has delivered some standard functions for planning and COPY is one of them why develop something all over again.

thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Anand,

I give to you an example:

First i use data-slice to lock version '000'.

Then i want to copy data from version '000' to version '010' ( version 010 is not locked ).

I can't use standard function because i need to give to the user the opportunity to choose source and target version.

Thanks.

Mauro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mauro,

If you are not writing to a locked version, then you should not be getting the error you are seeing.

It is possible that you are also creating a data slice on some other info object, which could be giving you the error. You might need to add another value to isolate the data you want to lock.

Cross check the selections in your data slice.

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Look at this post

I have mentioned how to create a planning function of copy from one version to another. Data slice doesn't lock the data for reading it's only while writing it checks against the data slice.

hope this was helpful

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

There are data slice on other info object but they are not activated.

I'll try to check cross selections like your suggestion.

Thanks

Mauro