cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copy - bps

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am wanting to know - how to copy data to - with adding on the new value to the already existing values - Can someone help - I need it

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is like this.

If the planing happens for the same set of characteristic values, then any modifucation of data will overwrite the current data.

On the other hand, if you wish to keep the old data when adding new data, you can consider having different versions to store plan data. Finally, in reporting, you can sum the version values to give the total plan values.

Ravi Thothadri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you boss - namaskar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Your first question : "wants to plan for different companies (branches) so that the same information goes into all the three or more different (not in sequence) selected branches - is it possible ?".

YES, it is possible. You plan for one branch and copy to three or more different branches. There is a standard planning function " coopt to several targets". You use this function to copy from one branch to severaL brahnches.

2. The second part of the question: " keep the old data and add the new data....", This is not clear, sorry.

Ravi Thothadri

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks boss - about keeping the old data and adding on new data - as an add on - without deleting or overwriting the existing data - is what I wanted to know - whether it's possible and if yes, how

thanks - for your kindness

namaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont understand your question.Can youpl elaborate.

Ravi Thothadri

Former Member
0 Kudos

for layout planning - from the header, selection options can be either individual company (branch) or a range of branches - but my client wants to plan for different companies (branches) so that the same information goes into all the three or more different (not in sequence) selected branches - is it possible ?

Right now they are experimenting with planning for one branch and using the copy function for copying that information to other branches -

some of the plans overlaps - and when again they end up planning for other products (sales / orders) for same companies and they want to add this latest data to the old already planned data existing in the same branch or other branches copied to - the old data goes away - they want to keep the old data and add on the new data to the old data - so that there is a grand total of all plan - products for the same period

I know its' difficult for me to explain - but I am trying

I'll get back if I have not made myself understandable

thanks so much