Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COPA

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI GURUS,

PLEASE KINDLY HELP ME ABOUT COPA EXTRACTION

I AM A NEW COMMER IN SAP BW COPA EXTRACTION--I AM CONFUSED ABOUT SEGMENT LEVEL, SEGMENT TABLE, CHARACTERSTICS, VALUE FIELDS

AND WAT IS THE USE OF THE AND PLZ IT MIGHT SOUND SILLY BUT STILL KINDLY GIVE SOME EXPLANATION ON IT AND USAGE .

THANKS A LOT IN ADVANCE.

WITH REGARDS

NEELKAMAL.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is a simple comparision that u can understand it

operating concern is like info cube

CE1/CE2 Line item details are like ODS

CE4-Segment table IS like Dimesion table

Excluding characteristics in segment table CE4 is like Line item dimension

CE3-segment level table is lkie Fact table

Summarization level is like Aggregate.

SEGMENT LEVEL: the value fields are summarized at profitability segment level and stored together with these fields.

SEGMENT TABLE: each combination of char values r stored in a profitability segment number. the link b/n the profitability segment number and char values is maitained in this table.

CHARACTERSTICS: these are levels on which information is required. Eg:- material, customer

Regards-

Siddhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

thanks sid i have got an idea -plz correct me if iam wrong

so if we want to get the data from copa to infocube we use ce4 and ce3 tables right.

for more detail we load the data from ce1 and ce2 to ODS.

right -they say that datasource in copa is defined differently for customersso can u tell me r else give me a example where i can understand this .

thanks and regrds

i gave u points for your help.

neelkamal

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

neelkamal,

just to SBIW and go to the CO-PA Extractor tab and create you extractor and all the characteristics , and Value fields are given and you need to pick and choose from the same and you can get CO-PA data in BW.

Arun